Anyone out there ?

9 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

So I'm sure there must be loads of graduates out there , sat at home wondering what to do, maybe struggling with their BG's ? Well you are NOT the only ones , I have been getting a lot of people signing up saying they are trying to get on top of their diabetes or saying they were down to do a course that has been cancelled. So if that is you, reply to this thread or ask a question on the forums, I'm sure there are people out there who can help you and would be happy to do so. Me included Very Happy

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

So 107 people have viewed this thread but no one has responded ? So everything is rosy with all you DAFNE people and no one has had any issues with being locked up for 8 weeks . DAFNE really msut be good Confused

michaelj DAFNE Graduate
South East Kent PCT
45 posts

Not worrying too much about sugars at the moment, as I'm doing far more exercise than normal with a 2.5k walk most mornings and lots of decorating etc and jobs around the house, so much so that I'm having to watch out for hypos. I know we are supposed to be at high risk but personally I think if you take care and be sensible you are no more at risk than anyone else. Will be nice to get back to normal though (whatever that might be)

sjohno DAFNE Graduate
University Hospital of Derby & Burton NHS FT
37 posts

marke said:
So 107 people have viewed this thread but no one has responded ? So everything is rosy with all you DAFNE people and no one has had any issues with being locked up for 8 weeks . DAFNE really msut be good Confused

I wonder if this proves that DAFNE is effective with people that have attended the courses? Very Happy

sheffwoz DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
1 post

marke said:
So I'm sure there must be loads of graduates out there , sat at home wondering what to do, maybe struggling with their BG's ? Well you are NOT the only ones , I have been getting a lot of people signing up saying they are trying to get on top of their diabetes or saying they were down to do a course that has been cancelled. So if that is you, reply to this thread or ask a question on the forums, I'm sure there are people out there who can help you and would be happy to do so. Me included Very Happy

Alls good here in Sheffield. I have a telephone diabetic review next week. That will be different.

Stephersjones DAFNE Graduate
Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Antrim Hospital
1 post

Hi. I have been doing OK. I've had to change up my doses due to lockdown. But getting there. How is everyone else coping? X

Neil_Johnson DAFNE Graduate
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
7 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm doing really well in the circumstances. I increased my basal insulin due to being off work. Have managed to keep my levels in target range for 75 - 80%.

Was very wary at the start of all of this, but I'm getting a bit more relaxed. I wear a mask and gloves when i go to shops or the chemist.

Had a review over the phone which was weird. Need to get bloods done soon. The Libreview is predicting a 51 on the HbA1c, that would be great.

Lorna1984 DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University Trust (South East)
3 posts

All OK here. I stayed home for 12 weeks as per advice from my local diabetes nurse and I'm still mainly at home with very occasional trips outside as and when needed. Luckily I can work from home.
Diabetes wise all is going well. Still following the DAFNE principles. Smile

Kalps DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Havering and Redbridge)
3 posts

Hi all good here also in Essex. Had a telephone review without the bloods. I was going off track without using a diary however it gave me an incentive to get back in track again.

What I cannot find is an app for Android phones.

DAFNE really did change my life to get back on track