Mobile app for Samsung/Android advice

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Marghe
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
3 posts

Disappointed I am not able to download the Dafne app on my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Is anyone using an alternative to the Dafne one?

Thank you!

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I thought there was an android app...........was sure of it....

I went to check and it wasnt there........I do remember uninstalling it though as I didn't use it....

Its not available from the play store either.....

What functions are you wanting...? BG recording...?

Marghe
3 posts

That's right that app is not available from the playstore, iPhone users can get access to it but not Android

Just looking for a good app where you can record BG, QA, BI etc. An app that shows graphs anything that helps with managing diabetes better. So many apps out there it's a bit overwhelming....

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, Sorry there is no Android app currently, the old one was dropped by google because it was not updated. I am trying to get a new one running but there have been major changes in the way the app needs to work and I'm struggling to make it work properly. I will update everyone as and when I have resubmitted it to the play store....

Marghe
3 posts

marke said:
Hi, Sorry there is no Android app currently, the old one was dropped by google because it was not updated. I am trying to get a new one running but there have been major changes in the way the app needs to work and I'm struggling to make it work properly. I will update everyone as and when I have resubmitted it to the play store....

Hi Marke

Thank you very much for the info very kind of you

Colin McC DAFNE Graduate
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
15 posts

I just bought a Samsung A7 & transferred all my apps to the new mobile except the DAFNE app did not. Now I know why, shame as it was most useful & I used it every day. Be pleased to get any updates as I am using my laptop to access my BG diary