Kings Refresher Days

3 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

All,
If you are a King's DAFNE Graduate then we'd like to invite you to one of our DAFNE Refresher Days, which we run throughout the year. See here . for poster and dates.

They are for any King's College Hospital patients who have attended a DAFNE course in the past. The days are an ideal way to refresh carbohydrate counting and insulin dose adjustment skills, with morning workshops focusing on these areas for everyone and the afternoon sessions being a choice of two workshops including exercise, eating out and alcohol, pump management and emotional well-being.

The days are always well evaluated, with people enjoying being able to meet and chat to other people with type 1 diabetes as well as the pharmaceutical reps and charities we have supporting the event.

The day also has exciting talks by members of the team on new diabetes research developments, a focus on behaviour and beliefs and an "On The Sofa" session where you get to pose your questions to the team.

For further information, or to book your spot please contact the Kings Team on [email protected] or ring 0203 299 1812 with your information.

Happygurl 2 posts

Hello
I recently graduated DAPNE at a different NHS TRUST but soon after I transferred my care to Kings. Would I still be able to do the Kings refresher course?

Felix Glenn 26 posts

Me too! Sounds good, and if it's open to all, I will definitely be attending.
I think I'll phone that number to gave @Marke