Help with BI

15 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

grandma carol DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
61 posts

well I dident get an appointment she just phoned back and said to drop BI to 14. Well did and still had another hypo at 2.30 going to drop it agen to night I have been low all day yesterday and so far today as well .Thank you

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

As your on Lantus changing your dose on a daily basis is madness.........you need to look for patterns.......

If you hold steady for 2-3 nights in a row and thats without food or quick acting working then the dose is right.....

You can then start work on the ratios etc........

Another problem with one a day is that you may hold steady overnight but then become more resistant to insulin during the day, which means you may need more during the day.....but you cant as you are only on one dose...

It will be a pain, but try and get 2-3 days holding overnight with no food or quick acting....

61 posts

yes thank you but she the DAFNE nurse told me to drop it if I had hypo at night and I have agen last night so thats why I thought that I should drop it agen tonight Asked her on the phone about doing a split of BI and she said just to leave it I have to go back on 3rd Dec for the blood moniter but it will be a different nurse the one I spoke to is on holiday. It just to get this moniter fitted.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I agree you should drop it, if there were no other factors influencing the reading.....

Are you not approaching the dose they had you on when attending the course?

61 posts

Yes when I started the caurse I was on 20 and they told me to drop it to 14. But I was ill and realy on well very dizzy and BGs up in the 18 19 17 even 22 so when I went to the Doctors she told me to put it back up. I was changing my ratio and puting that back up and with not being well I just dident know ware I was at and what I was doing. So I had put it back up to 18 but now I am droping it as I am having hypos at night even when I have some CPs before bed. The only other factor with last night was that I was low all day untill I went to bed and Iwas 8.5 and I had 1CP but still went down to 3.9 at 2.30. THANK YOU ill let you know how I get on tonight. Wish me look haha.