Help with BI

15 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

grandma carol DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
61 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

As my BGs have been upsince 14.30 today 8.3 and 16.00 10.9 and now at 17.00 11.6 before dinner do I still need to drop BI to night as I was 3.3 at 7.45 this morning and I was told to drop BI if I had a hypo thank you. I take BI Lantus at 20.45 thanks. I had droped it on the 13.11.10 as I had 3.9 that morning do I need to do it agen so soon.

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Hi

No pattern needed to drop it if you had a Hypo - especially if you came from 14.9 24:00 to 3.3 7:45 without an QA!

61 posts

Thanks it was just with the rest being that high agen I wasent sure this is what happend last time I put it down when I went on DAFNE when they told me to put it down to 14 then my BGs went right up and stayed up and it looks like they are doing it agen. Thanks KARL

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

its a 10% - 20% adjustment of BI - 2 will be just over 10% (1.Cool - so 1 b4 and another tonight and see how you go.

61 posts

I droped my BI agen last night to 16 and at 3.00 this morning I was 4.1 so I had dextro tablets and when I got up this morning I was 1.9 even after I had 1CP at 22.00 before bed so gess I will have to drop it agen tonight. I am not going to give up Ill just keep at it untill I get it right. Thank you

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

stick at it carol..................

a split dose could help, it means you could chop the evening dose right down so you dont hypo overnight, but can then pile on the units in the morning to ensure your covered the rest of the day...

eg.......10 units am, 6 units pm....

Keep up the good work....

61 posts

Thanks novorapidboi26 I was thinking that but will I have to speek to Dafne educator first about doing that I dont have any apointments for her or the Doctor I was told just to wate untill she phoned me about the blood moniter and she would get in touch when I had to go back. Ill see if I can get hold of her and ask thank you

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Is this the CGM your waiting for, that should give you some answers...

Its either that or take it in the morning, then during the night when your most sensitive to iinsulin, the background should be on its last legs...

Chase them up, the quicker you get things sorted the better...

61 posts

Phoned the DAFNE educater today and I am still wating for her to get back to me I have no one that I can get intouch with I have no apoinments for anybody I just seem to be left to get on with it myself

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Appointments are had to get I know, but if your online you can keep in touch be email too, thats what I do.........

However if you need help quick if things are not working then they shoull make time sharpish.....