App update bugs

24 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Hi there,

I downloaded the iPhone app update a few days ago and I've noticed that when I add any comments to my entries (ie details of exercise, percentages for combo bolus etc) they just vanish into thin air when the entry is saved. All the numbers are ok but I can't add the details. Confused

Not sure if this is an identified bug in the update but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Chris,

Ensure you are pressing the Done button on the popup keyboard; this will save the comments.

Simon

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Hi Simon,

I've double checked your suggestion, hitting "done" is something i've always done, but the comments i add simply disappear when I save the diary entry. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no success so far.

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

Simon, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, after reading this (I rarely write comments, a 20+ BG says it all Twisted Evil ) I went into app and added comments, saved, went back in, they got wiped.

I did this on a hypo reading I had just done, I had previously removed the ratio as this makes no sense on a hypo (feature request, can we save blank ratios in the settings for non meal time reading such as hypo or before exercise?), adding the comment reintroduced this, if I had autocalc on I'm guessing that would have fired and removed any manual corrections too.

Few little undocumented features creeping in Crying or Very sad

This is purely for info as a bug report and a bit tongue in cheek, I am a developer for a living and know how these things happen Wink App is great and really useful, if I had had the time and inclination I intended to write something similar (you beat me to it), got as far as registering a domain, procrastination...

Phil

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

Damn happens to me as well. Bugger I had been using the comments to record how I had rounded the .5 of the auto calcs.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Damn, you're all right! I was trying it out on 1.6.1 and not 1.6 and the comments do disappear as your describe. Needless to say it's been fixed in 1.6.1 along with the other issues; I submitted the update to the app store on Sunday so hopefully it will be available soon - I'll let you all know when it is.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

The update is now available on the app store which fixes this problem, sorry for the delay in fixing it!

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

Bugger, the updated version crashes every time I try to save the diary entry. I have powered down the iPhone to try from a fresh start but still crashes.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Rich, could you let me know what you enter into the diary entry before the crash & what triggers it?

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
51 posts

If I open a new entry and press save immediate, it crashes. If i enter anything at all into any field it crashes the moment I press save.

Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't fix it either.