Carb Free Breakfast

22 posts, 11 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jenny Spollen DAFNE Graduate
Regional Hospital Mullingar
13 posts

I have to agree with the general idea that the eating of sausages = a need to stab yourself up with some lovely QA. I also feel a definite need to respond to the beans issue Very Happy

I know it depends on a persons reaction/sensitivity to sugar releases from carbs but in my case anyways, being as I am so annoyingly sensitive to everything, I find that ye old pulses, beans, whole grains like pearl barley, wheat etc definitely need a dose of QA. Yes they are slow release foods with a relatively low impact on sugar level rises but they do cause a rise nonetheless. I'm not saying they qualify for your full CP to QA ratios but rather what I like to call a partial ratio. At the min, I'm on a 1:1 ratio across the board for my QA except for these partial ratio foods, which depending on the food can be from 1/4:1 to 1/2:1 ratio. I don't know if that all makes sense but I guess my general point is that we are def all different and for some the tin of beans has no impact but for others it def does. So even eating a can of sugar free beans there are still carbs that for me would rule them out of a carb free meal.

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Wow, that is quite remarkable! I understand completely what you mean - however, it also makes me quite glad that my body responds in the more DAFNE research common way to those foods! Very Happy

Best wishes considering I'm guessing that can make life a bit awkward!