Diabetic Survey

16 posts, 11 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Dronny DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Some interesting questions and surprised myself with some of my answers! Surprised

ClaireH DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
14 posts

Done it and it made me reflect a lot

Dave Marshall DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
7 posts

Will do it now , lets hope it will help !

Jeremy 1 post

Found many questions to be "leading". I am Diabetic and graduate of DAFNE (by the way, can I change this status in my profile?) but not an "expert". I cannot possibly know how to answer a question like "Becasue of Diabetes I...". Are researchers [email protected] seeking a particular outcome of this suvery such as a definable link to depression? Verty disapointed.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Jeremy said:
I am Diabetic and graduate of DAFNE (by the way, can I change this status in my profile?)

Hey Jeremy, welcome.........

to become a graduate on this site you must provide a DAFNE centre code unique to you and your clinic, that is provided at the end of the course by the educators........ Wink

chrisinbrum DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
41 posts

Jeremy said:
Found many questions to be "leading". I am Diabetic and graduate of DAFNE (by the way, can I change this status in my profile?) but not an "expert". I cannot possibly know how to answer a question like "Becasue of Diabetes I...". Are researchers [email protected] seeking a particular outcome of this suvery such as a definable link to depression? Verty disapointed.

Surveys like this (and there are a lot of different 'quality of life' surveys) use carefully worded questions and although they might appear to be leading they are probably there to address a particular question that the person setting the survey has.

...but I think the problem with surveys like this is that if you don't like the way a question is worded or structured you can't put any comments in with your answers to explain what your answer means, like in the example you partly quote.