Dafne refresher courses

19 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

addie
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
13 posts

Okay my local refresher courses are ran twice yearly. Ive missed this entry for Nov 2010 so going to attend the June 2011 course. 3 hours 6-9 for one night only. Cant do any harm. Apologies I was unaware these courses were not ran in all DAFNE centres.

Hope all you are in good health.

Best wishes
Ad

emmacool DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University NHS FT (St Margaret’s Hospital)
17 posts

ive been on a few refresher courses and find them really usefull to update my dafne knowledge because i keep forgeting stuff lol

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

how many folk attend..........is 3 hours enough............

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi Jennifer Iden, yes its me you contact about being 'promoted' from a user to a graduate, just contact me via the 'contact us' link at the
bottom of every page or via the 'message inbox' in the right hand menu. We can then sort out what details we need from you to do it.

Kentbabe DAFNE Graduate
South East Kent PCT
10 posts

Hiya I've not heard of the refresher courses but I'm hoping that I will be getting a letter as to the date of the yearly up date. Has anyone else had there 6 monthly meeting cancelled?

Jennypenny DAFNE Graduate
Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust
34 posts

Ive got my 6 month meeting in December

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Kentbabe, your 6 monthly as cancelled because your Educator had problems outside work as well as a very heavy workload. She has promised to contact theose that had their meeting cancelled in the near future. I only know because its my DAFNE Centre and someone I know locally was in the same situation and wanted me to find out what was happening.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

I don't think the refresher course being referred to in tihs thread is the same as the refresher course I was talking about, yours sounds more like the 6 week and 6 month get togethers after the original course. It may be that your DAFNE centre does them on a continual basis on over a number of years I don't know. Most centres do not do this due to funding I believe.

addie
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
13 posts

Hi Marke.

No buddy these are just 1 x 3 hour sessions that the centre put on twice a year. Any of thoer graduates can sign up to go irrespective of length of time since the persons original week long course.

ad