Hello!

18 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

grandma carol DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
61 posts

no he dident ill tell him, i give him all his meals so i am doing it for him in a way. And we go just about everyware together.So he will be doing it with out knowing realey. Well see how it goes. Ihave felt better this week my BGs have been 6.7 8.7 6.2 so not bad today. I was having a lot of hypos at night before things better now hope it stayes that way.

61 posts

Well things are starting to get better this week. My BGs averages are 6.6 for the last 7 days. L have been low today but Iam ok BGs were 3.8 3.2 4.1 4.9 think i am getting the hang of this now well hope so

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

well done, keep it up ! the sub 4.0's are a bit low but I often do the same without a problem. It can be a slow process getting it all 'right' and even then we all have little 'blips' where our BG's go a little bit off target. But overall keeping to the DAFNE principles is going to offer big
benefits in the long term as well as allow us the flexibility to eat more of what we like when we like !

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

they results are great, your doing something right............well done carol.....

Benton Fred 7 posts

I'll agree with Marke. If my BG is high at least it's only for a little while. Having the power to correct when carbs are underestimated gives great hope and freedom.

I had trouble similar to Carol at first. I think I was being to agressive with the Novorapid. I was hypoing all the time. I'm averaging between 4.5 and 8 now. Don't get me wrong I still hypo sometimes mid morning, but that's the BI (insulatard) peaking me thinks.

Oh by the way, I've put on a half a stone in weight in the three weeks since DAFNE. Is that normal?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I have put on weight without change to calorie intake and I am more active, so I hope its normal..........

61 posts

Well Ihave been low for 2days now . Ihave droped my BI at night i an on Lantus droped it from 15 to 14 think ill drop it agen tonight BG at 3.30 this morning was 5.3 but at 7.30 it was 2.9 thank you both for you comments. ill see how this goes

61 posts

I put weight on and then loss it and i dident eat anything different. But i am not now putting it on. Might be what you are eating rather than how much. If i had a lot of hypos then i was eating to meny dextro tabs and all that sugar puts weight on.