Hello!

18 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Benton Fred 7 posts

Hi everyone. My name is Fred and I'm a DAFNE graduate from Newcastle. I'm 34 now and was diagnosed in 2007. I was treated for type 2 for two years before my GP finally realized that there was something wrong when my HbA1c would go below 10!
My initial reaction to DAFNE is fantastic!! We so need to spread the word to other Type 1's. My BG level hasn't been above 8 this weekend.
Anyway this is my first week in the big wide world "alone" so we'll see what happens eh?
C U all soon. X

Fred

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Welcome Fred, good to see you here..............

Your readings at the weekend sound excellent, for me the weekend is the bad time.......

See you around.........

grandma carol DAFNE Graduate
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
61 posts

Hi Fred and everybody else I'm a new DAFNE graduate from Cumbria. I have had type 1 for 38years it started when i had my son. This is allso my first week in the big wide world.

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

welcome granny carol..............any complications after such a long time type 1............

61 posts

no complications so far, Ihave been fine Idrive, Ilook after my grandkids my bloods have not been tobad. My husband is diabetic as well .He has had it for 38 years i made a mistake i have had it for 35 years so things are fun hear at times. But atleast we havent had a hypo at the same time haha.

Benton Fred 7 posts

Hello Granny Carol and Novo! Sorry about the late reply. I've come down with a virus and my BG's are all over the place. Good news is they were 12.8 this morning. Better than 22 yesterday.
Glad I had DAFNE last week or I Probably would have been in A n E by now.

Anyway hope every ones OK.

See u all soon......

Fred

61 posts

Sorry to hear your not well, hope you get better soon. I am starting to get things right I think now, BG's not bad 7.4 7.6 10.9 8.0 yesterday, so will see what happens today. Hope to hear from you soon Fred.

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Hey Carol, that must be weird at times both of you having it.......do you argue over who knows best...........?

Hope you feel better soon Fred....

61 posts

No Ijust tell him what to do and he dose it. Think he just likes a quiet life haha. He was diabetic before we got married and Istarted when I was pregnant with our son. We havent been to bad with it. You just have to get on with it take the ups with the downs, we have been married 36 years so must be doing something right. Ihave just graduated the Dafne caurse last week so Ihope things might be a bit better with BGs my have been a bit up and down latley so we will see how it goes. Granny Carol

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I hope it works out for you, did your husband do it or are you teaching him...................my sugars are still up and down regardless of dafne, but its stil the best way............