Prayer4aCure

12 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Prayer4aCure DAFNE Graduate
Mt Gambier Diabetes Centre, South Australia
6 posts

Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself & explain that I have called myself Prayer4aCure because I would love all Type 1 Diabetics (family & friends) to join me in a collective Prayer 4 a Cure for Type 1 diabetes!!! Generally I am just another 'everyday' diabetic who is a graduate of one of the very first DAFNE workshops in Australia & have had diabetes since 1985.... I never believed early on that I would ever see a cure for Diabetes now I live in hope that I will see a cure because I do feel it is possible now!!! Anyway I will share my prayer & the research I have been doing on collective prayer & if you have a little time I would love it if you would join me in this prayer! Firstly, just wanted to send my gratitude to those who got this site up & running for us, it is a valuable resource for DAFNE graduates!!! Awesome thanks!! I also hope that everyone can join in with my Visualisation for a Cure for Type 1 Diabetes!! I have been studying spiritual work for a few years now & recently I saw a show on the Auckland Island Pigs & the Hope for a Cure & at the same time thought of the power of positive visualisations & thoughts as a form of prayer on a GRAND SCALE collective basis and thought WOW if we could only combine these two concepts & have every Type 1 Diabetic contribute to this vibration of energy, this Visualisation or Prayer! We could expect Miracles to happen!!! The power of this prayer or positive vibrational energy, if you like, comes from going into your HEART CENTRE (it must come from the HEART, not mind power) & you must feel in your whole being that it has already happened, visualise anything that would have changed for you once your TYPE 1 Diabetes is cured, no more syringes - so imagine throwing them out permanently, no more blood tests - throw out your machine, visualise yourself going through this new ground breaking treatment, feel the islet cells pour into your body like a flow of gold & then feel them taking & producing insulin for you, feel these golden cells of insulin throughout your body, feel the pure joy & freedom in your heart & soul as you are cured (I felt an overwhelming emotion to think of myself as cured) - feel yourself living to an old age, feel yourself telling the story of your cure to your grandchildren, this vibrational energy will go out to our Universal Source and so it shall be that what we have put out there comes back in to us, an answered prayer, a MIRACLE! So as I imagined this on a grand scale the positive vibration of hundreds of thousands of Type 1 Diabetics taking part & felt a vibrational energy would be so amazing & at the same time bingo I received this address for this amazing web site and thought I am going to pass this on - So please everyone, just imagine yourself giving thanks & gratitude for receiving this cure, when it is done, how you feel to be cured - I felt there would barely be words to describe the feeling of receiving such a grand MIRACLE!!!I invite you to my Prayer4aCure mission & ask you to give 20 to 30 seconds a day, more than once a day if you feel so moved, to add to this positive vibrational energy THAT WE ARE ALL CURED, OUR MIRACLE!!! Remember we must visualise that it is so, not want it to be so or we will be forever wanting, imagine the universe has sent the cure already! Imagine for yourself everyone's vibrational energy together as one! WOW!!! Anyway if you are interested in further information about this vibrational energy of "feeling in your heart as if it has already happened" you can check it out at youtube - Gregg Braden - The Science of Miracles I would also love it if anyone else wants to share their visualisation on this topic that would be great! Take Care all, here's to a cure through our positive prayer & through the hard work & dedication of scientists world wide working on it at this very moment & potentially through the wonderful genetic material from these Auckland Island Pigs (article on Channel 7 website/Sunday Programme ) - Cheers to all Sue J from Australia

Stew B DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
125 posts

Oh dear. I take a practical approach to my diabetes - that's why DAFNE has been such a success for me. I don't want to offend others whose spiritual or religious beliefs are central to their lives, but the emotional support which I need in the daily reality of living with diabetes does not come from those sources for me. I am afraid that I am offended by the original post. A brief post inviting personal replies, or a link to a non-DAFNE forum for those who are of a similar mind to the person starting the thread would have been OK, but this lengthy post feels like being preached at - not something I want from DAFNE online.

Stew B

6 posts

Hi Stew, sorry you feel that way I'm not really a preacher in fact probably the opposite so I am sorry if I came across that way to you & I would like to say from the outset that if offended you or anyone else perhaps I should have added that you are welcome to take what helps & leave the rest - it's really up to you.... I respect the fact that we all have the right to do it our own way. I have had diabetes for many years now, did DAFNE myself in the first group in Australia so I am very familiar with DAFNE principles & perfectly happy to chat about how we manage day to day that's why I am thrilled that someone has set up a site for DAFNE Graduates in fact I think it's really important to have a place for support & follow up because it is easy to let it slide. I really do believe now that one day there will be a cure for Type 1 Diabetes & I do believe that there is a possibility I will be alive to see it. This research that I spoke of is at the forefront of a cure for diabetes & I like to keep up with that as well & give praise the wonderful people who are putting a lot of time & effort into this research - that's it... take it or leave it I don't mind at all... it's just my way I don't expect it to be everyone's & do not wish to push it on anyone in anyway. Take Care - Said with the best of intentions & from an interest in the discussion on research & a cure - very sorry again if I offended anyone with my thoughts in no way do they reflect a desire to preach it sincerely comes from the heart nor do I wish to ignore DAFNE in fact DAFNE saved my life & I am forever grateful for that - Sue J

Tracey Bond
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
14 posts

Hi........................ I'm afraid i'm with Stew B on this matter. No amount of prayer or positive visualisation, whether from a single person or the world on mass is going to make any difference to the fact that you have Type 1 diabetes . I can't see how anyone with a ounce of common sense could even believe that praying for it to 'go away' could make it do so...................Just think about what you have said.

6 posts

Of course there are always other ways to support those working on a cure in the form of a financial donation or even be involved in trials ourselves!. I would just like to say personally I have shifted my own thinking - it was all just 'false hope' that these people working on a Cure were giving me all the time to now choosing to believe in them, believing that they will do it! One professior has dedicated 50 years of his life to curing diabetes & is very excited about recent developments. It helps me on a daily basis because I forget all of my worries or fears about what's in store for tomorrow. I just do what I have to do for today, where DAFNE & self-managements comes in & tomorrow I just simply believe tomorrow there will be a cure. I can let go of all of the fears, depression etc I used to feel about tomorrow with diabetes, complications etc etc & I just worry about what I need to do for my diabetes for today! Hope you find a way to Support a Cure!!

vic demain DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
87 posts

I wish you well in your search, but, you have diabetes, it is not a life sentence and you can live happily with it for years. Good luck to you and thank the lord you don't have cancer.

6 posts

I found pre DAFNE that I didn't live that happily with Diabetes I struggled with trying to get it perfectly, always getting in trouble with the Dr's for being unable to manage it better & it didn't seem to matter how hard I worked I could not get the results they expected (or I expected for that matter) they kept pumping up my insulin doses & it got harder 2am hypos, dawn phenomenon, anyway it is much easier to live with these days thanks to what I have learned through DAFNE & dose adjustment. Dr's wouldn't let us adjust our own doses so we had to be quite strict. I am also very grateful every day that my disease is diabetes & that I don't have cancer - last week I went to a friend's husband's funeral he died of cancer at 43 and left a wife & two children behind and two days ago a very dear friend, 50, died of cancer and her youngest is just finishing high school, & we still have her funeral ahead this week, my heart is very heavy at the moment loosing so many young people in our community to cancer we lost another friend, 40, just six months ago and she left behind her husband & three young daughters. Since DAFNE diabetes is no longer the great issue it used to be for me & I live quite happily with it but after feeling the effect of cancer very close to home I am more than grateful I only have diabetes to worry about! Sue J

Anil DAFNE Graduate
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
39 posts

Cure for Type 1 Diabetes?... No.. It is a auto-immune diesease that would require a astonishing scientific breakthrough. I dont believe this will happen in our generation but maybe in the future once/If Stem cell research gets approved. But this will not affect us, but maybe give hope to our kids or grand children who may suffer from Type 1.

Type 1 isn't that bad, with daily practice and abit of exercise (Which everyone should be doing, not just diabetics) its a VERY manageable disease. It shouldnt affect your life at all providing you maintain control and are confident in your ability to spot and diagnose issue's in your Blood Glucose and food.

As for a prayer... I believe if there really is a God or "Higher Power" their wouldn't be any diabetics in the first place, Someone so almighty and powerful and such a simple disease? I guess we can all have "Hope". But I agree with "Stew B". Take a practical Approach, exercise regularly and eat moderately healthy... You are your own God, don't put in on anybody else, Nobody else is looking out for you, and nobody else can manage it for you either.

You want something in this world (Fast car, money, better health, better diabetes control), you got to go out their AND GET IT YOURSELF, Nobody is going to hand it to you. If it was that easy, surely we'd all be doing it?

Hope I dont offend you, but just my 2 Cents.

6 posts

Hi, I'm not offended by your opinion, I am quite interested in the discussion, not offended - though I did feel the word "no" was perhaps a little strong when referring to a cure! I have researched many people who are working hard for a cure.... I am personally glad they don't give up on us because then there would be "NO" hope! Perhaps anyone interested in the story I have been following myself would like to take a look at this story at - http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/article/7189766/guinea-pigs-more-information/ ! There are successful human trials where people have been implanted with encapsulated porcune islet cells already. There is also further information on http://www.lctglobal.com/.... I wish them well....... I'm not really here to argue the HP, Universal Source Energy, God whatever you choose to call it, I really suggested this prayer idea quite innocently & I fully understand that everyone chooses for themselves what they believe about this, join the prayer, don't join the prayer we all have free will. Believe in a cure don't believe in a cure, again we all have feee will & our own belief systems... You seem to have quite a positve attitude toward diabetes management & I have discovered that is important for success myself - I would like to point out my visualisation/prayer/hope is very different to my daily practice of diabetes management & would not recommend anyone stop taking excellent care of themselves (sorry if that was the interpretation), quite the opposite if we are to be recipients of a cure we need to make sure that we have taken excellent care of our bodies until that is possible. Sue J

Anil DAFNE Graduate
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
39 posts

Hi, I dont discount a cure for diabetes, I really hope a scientific breakthrough occurs to help us! And Im sure at sometime it WILL be cured, almost certainly, but the question is when.
I knew they tried a implant like this (With other cells) a few years ago, but it didn't work out well, After watching this video im very intrigued at the possibility that MAYBE their is hope for us!
Even in the video, they say this could be the "Scientific breakthrough" we've been waiting for!
I'll be keeping an eye on this. If you have any more information please share. Very Happy

But until this comes out of this testing stage, We still have to strictly manage our diabetes ourselves, This may cure the daily injections and blood tests, But any damage done now (For long term complications) will be permanent, so we must be very vigilant in this starting from now.

After watching this video i'm astonished how far science has got us, I take back my previous comment that it will not benefit us (and only our children), But Maybe it will, Maybe its right round the corner, Maybe this is the scientific breakthrough we've been waiting for (HOPEfully).

BUT taking care of ourselves for now is THE priority, like I said, any permanent long term damage done now, is NOT reversible, so keep good control, exercise weekly or more if you can, and maybe their is more hope then I thought so us Type 1's!.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! and I hope this is something i'll be reading more about in the coming months/years.

As for a "Prayer for a cure", I see what you mean now, Not a prayer for "God" persay, but a prayer for the scientists who work everyday to make our lives easier and to give us HOPE, maybe I was loosing hope these last few years, but after watching this video, I'm very positive about a long term cure that may benefit US and not just our kids in 20-50 years.