Dosage auto-calculation in apps

64 posts, 28 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

jh0 said:
Basic arithmetic, barely number crunching.

Still, this is difficult for some people - and I don't see why they should be belittled for that.

Switching gears a bit, what was the constructive feedback you had about the app?

torana DAFNE Graduate
Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW
53 posts

Hi Simon Well done on the site. It would appear that the DAFNE app to upload blood glucose information is widely used and appreciated by members. I make this assumption because most members online have no posts against their names and hence would most probably be only accessing the app.
I have one suggestion for the app that the location of the injection site on the app includes both the left and right side of the stomach. I alternate stomach sides weekly, using the top half for my quick acting and the lower section below the navel for the long acting insulin. Most diabetic educators have stated to me that the stomach is the most reliable area for the needle.

claire k DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
5 posts

Hi There,

App related:
I know there has been massive changes in the regulations, but could you use that part of the app as a "Aid Tool" or"as reference" type idea to help us for calculating?

over and out

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry any kind of calculation means the app is deemed a medical device and has to be certified. This a long and expensive process and we can't afford to do it. We tried putting it in the app and people informed the medical regulator and we were forced to take it out again. We can't afford the legal costs of going against their instruction to remove it.