Dosage auto-calculation in apps

64 posts, 27 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
558 posts

jh0 said:
Basic arithmetic, barely number crunching.

Still, this is difficult for some people - and I don't see why they should be belittled for that.

Switching gears a bit, what was the constructive feedback you had about the app?

jh0 DAFNE Graduate
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London
17 posts

Simon said:

Switching gears a bit, what was the constructive feedback you had about the app?

I don't use the App per-se but if you need help to improve it or indeed to add significant features to it then I'd be willing to help voluntarily. For example a significant feature that springs to mind is adding a prediction algorithm whereby the App tells you how much insulin to take given your past patterns of BG reading, CP intake, time & date and past historic data of these combinations from your diary. As a corollary it will even be able to predict your next BG reading. Is this something that would interest you?

Although let's be clear that having established that the App is not a medical device pushing it out as such would constitute a breach of medical protocol, if not sufficiently tested. I could foresee the case where such an App comes into its own once tested with many patients coupled with high quantities of sample data.

My email is j_s_hans@yahoo.co.uk

torana DAFNE Graduate
Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW
49 posts

Hi Simon Well done on the site. It would appear that the DAFNE app to upload blood glucose information is widely used and appreciated by members. I make this assumption because most members online have no posts against their names and hence would most probably be only accessing the app.
I have one suggestion for the app that the location of the injection site on the app includes both the left and right side of the stomach. I alternate stomach sides weekly, using the top half for my quick acting and the lower section below the navel for the long acting insulin. Most diabetic educators have stated to me that the stomach is the most reliable area for the needle.

Deleted

This user has been deleted. All of their posts are now hidden.