BG diary help please (2) (mum2westiesGill diary)

29 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

mum2westiesGill 502 posts [Shared diary only visible when logged in]

So not posted since 17/11 so the next few posts are the last few weeks of my BGs.

Any help in identifying trends or any other help ie with targets & ratios will be greatly appreciated.

Also any help in saying whether I should be reducing or increasing my basal

So not posted since 17/11 so the next few posts are the last few weeks of my BGs.

Any help in identifying trends or any other help ie with targets & ratios will be greatly appreciated.

So not posted since 17/11 so the next few posts are the last few weeks of my BGs. Started with a head cold Tues 060115.

Things I can't get to grips with are:
bedtime & fasting or waking testing
snacking during the evenings sometimes with no bolus

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

The only time I can see where there has been no carbs and therefore the only time to speculate about the basal is on Thursday, between 2:00 am and 10:08 am, which would suggest the basal is too due to your BG going from 10.2 to 6.8.......this wouldn't be enough alone to say for sure though........Smile.....

Don't know what corrections you have done either, so don't know what advice to give with your ratios either........

sorry........

Thanks for your reply NRB. Corrections are a bit awkward to do seperately because i use the Accu-chek Aviva Expert meter & they are built in with the final dose amount. I am 1u to 3mmol.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Hey Gill,

As before the basal dose I cant really comment on as any basal behaviour is hiding behind carbs and quick acting novorapid insulin...........

to get a clear picture of whats happening you need to get rid of these two things, at least for small portions of the day anyway.........

so lets assume it's OK for now............[but remember if its not, all your QA dose will give unpredictable blood sugar readings]

for Saturday and Sunday above, and for the previous days your above your desired target for lunch and dinner, some days only just and others significantly............

so more insulin is needed at breakfast and at lunch......it can be speculated.........;)

only tackle one thing at a time for clarity...............so I would be looking to increase the breakfast ratio to 1.5:1 or 1.5 units to every 10g of carbohydrate.....test for 2-3 days and then post your results here..........

I remember you splitting your Lantus, remind me how that went again......?

So a few more days of my BGs

NRB
Thank you for your reply. My current breakfast ratio is already 1.5:1 so 1.5u to every 10g carbohydrate