iOS 8 health integration

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Magmaticchimp8 DAFNE Graduate
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hi,

I wondered if there was any plans to make the iOS DAFNE Online app integrate with the apple health function.

I have only just started using DAFNE online for recording my details but previously used an alternative app which did integrate with the apple health.

Thanks
Simon

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! Yes indeed there is, it's just a matter of time unfortunately. What did the other app do which you'd like ours to do as well?

Thanks,

Simon

Magmaticchimp8 DAFNE Graduate
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hi Simon,

Basically the old app I used really good except it can't handle the way DAFNE account for corrective QA doses....which is why now I'm using the DAFNE App. You could add BG, CP, QA, BI doses but not corrections on the QA.... Which I need to see now.

Overall it was a good app (mysugr), in fact there was probably more functionality in some ways but after attending the DAFNE course this week I want to do things and record thing right.

The way the old app integrated with apple health was basically plotting BG results and CP onto the inbuilt apple health screen.... You entered the data into the app and it automatically then put the data into apple health which you could quickly view on a screen with other health items ( I also show how many steps I've taken in a day using the inbuilt pedometer for example).

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi,

An update to the app (now version 2.1.1) will be hitting the App Store later today. With this update I've added in the Apple Health integration for Blood Glucose and Carbohydrates. For carbs it will take your CP intake when you save an entry and multiply by 10 to get the carb intake in grams. For the Blood Glucose these are saved in mmol/l however whilst they are currently being saved into Health they are not visible due to Apple removing this facility in a recent update. They will be fixing this soon so that you can see your Glucose in the Health app. For more info on this issue see here

As always feedback is encouraged - you can post on the forums or get in touch with me via email