Online App runs on Tablet?

6 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

john day DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
54 posts

As a long time user of the main DO site I am at last looking to buy a 7" tablet and would like to use the DO mobile app on it.

Will the app run on the mini Ipad or on the nexus 7? From a quick peek, most comments in this forum seem to be re smartphone hosting.

I do not have a smartphone so obliged for advice on this.

Thanks JD

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I have the Nexus 7 and it runs fine...........Smile

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi John,

It should work fine on the iPad mini - we're also looking to do an iPad specific version in the not too distant future.

Simon

john day DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
54 posts

That's good news, thanks to you Novorapid & simon for the confirmation .. so just need to pick one or the other.

From what I have read, Mini seems to win on screen and app selection, Nexus on ports, NFC, battery life and price but has no native flash.

I have an ipod Nano so probably stay in the apple family.

Any comments from Apple IOS and Android supporters?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I don't mind apple, had an iPhone and iPad.....there's not much customisation to be had on them though and getting files to and from could be easier......for me apple are all about image/brand/reliability.....which is good, but after I while I needed something different......an opportunity to play about with settings not normally open to the everyday user.....

For this reason I got my nexus and Samsung galaxy s4 on android 4.2.2......both these devices have equal specs if not better in most hardware areas......

The deal breaker for me is the ability to play HD .mkv files no problem.....my main use with the nexus......

It seems you are happy with apple for now.....ios7 looks really exciting.....missing out on that for me will be disappointing

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

iPad all the way for me, but I am bought into the ecosystem with pad, phone and laptop. They all work together seamlessly and quite intuitively. Also iOS 7 is bringing a fresh and exciting set of features for the iPad and phone.