Losing data betweene the iPhone app and the desktop version

8 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Hi there,

I've noticed that if i upload data using the app (both iPhone and iPad) it sometimes gets lost and will not appear on the desktop version.

I use my work computer during the day to upload my readings and comments, these transfer without problems to the apps - but the other way around in unreliable - somethimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've checked my setting and I have enabled the diary upload on both the iPhone and iPad.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Eli

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Eli,

Can you be more specific about the data which is lost? Is it whole entries or specific parts of an entry e.g. BG, QA, Comments.

Thanks,

Simon

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Thanks for getting back to me Simon,

I'm losing everything, BG, QA, comments ... the entry just seems to disappear. For example, all the data i entered this weekend on the ipad did not show up on my desktop yesterday morning.

As a test, I've entered my lunchtime readings into my iphone and it has appearedd on this site - so it does work sometimes.

Another thing I've noticed is that the app sometimes does not retain anything in the comments section - again, this is a sporadic occurrence.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Eli

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Eli,

Do the entries still show up in the app? If so try looking at them and saving them again, this should trigger an upload. Note if you delete entries in the app this will delete them on the site but not vice versa.

The comments problem is one a few people have mentioned - is it just on the iPad that the comments problem happens? So far I've been unable to reproduce it on my phone or simulator.

Thanks,

Simon

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Hi Simon,

apart from the comments, everything else remains visible on the app.

The disappearing comments happen both on the ipad and the iphone - but i tend to use the iphone more so i notice it more there.

Thanks

Eli

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Hi Simon,
used the iPad yesterday evening to record dinner and pre-bedtime data.
None of it transferred to the desktop version and i had the issue with the comments disapearing again.
Thanks
Elisa

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Elisa,

This is strange, do you have diary upload turned on in your iPad app? The settings don't sync between devices yet. Also can you try putting an incorrect username or password on the settings page? This should mean you see an invalid credentials message when you save an entry, which will at least demonstrate that the app is trying to start the upload.

Simon

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Hi Simon,

I have diary upload enabled on the iPad as well as the iPhone, are you saying that the two devices don't 'talk' to each other?

In that case, would they not both feed off the desktop version, if the data is being correctly uploaded from each device?

Will try put in a bad password this evening and see what happens.

Thanks

Eli