Port mobile app to desktop?

6 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Guy Kramer DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
12 posts

Hi,

Maybe this is more specific to me? but I would find it easier to have an app that runs on the desktop.

You have to excuse me for not having any coding background. I wondered if it would be possible to port the iPhone/Android maybe using Java or Adobe Air or something?

Or maybe another option is a browser plugin?

I don't know what anybody else thinks???

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

This is something I have looked at starting work on but have not got very far. The idea being we can interface to your blood glucose meter and import its readings so they can be transfered to the website. This could include some desktop functionality to do similiar things to the apps. However I am just not getting time to work on this at the moment, we do this in our spare time and sometimes there isn't much spare time Sad

12 posts

I know what you mean about time Rolling Eyes if I could code I would help, but can't pick it up that quickly

The other option option I guess is Android VM in VitualBox Wink

Thanks
Guy

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Are there any specific app features that you'd like to use on the desktop? The website has most of the functions available on the apps; or are you more interested in being able to use the app features offline?

12 posts

Simon,

I guess at least to be able to add new and view entries, don't really need CP guides etc. Offline would be an advantage. Sometimes its just easier opening something from the system tray and quickly and entering you BG and however many units taken, then loging in to a website etc

12 posts

and may be able to one day import data from meters directly in to our DAFNE accounts Very Happy