Can you download to a Blackberry

10 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

theresaz
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
13 posts

Firstly apologies if this has been asked before, scoured the sight and couldn't quite find anything. I've looked an Android World and set up a google and gmail account. When I click on Android World it says no device attached to it. I've not set the gmail up on my phone as have yahoo email already on it. I'm not clear if i can actually use this site on my blackberry. I'm fairly new to the world of smartphones etc so any help gratefully received.

theresaz
13 posts

Whoops it's Android Market no Android World.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

signing up with google and the android market would be no use to you if you don't have a device running the android operating system, like a phone or tablet..............

so it means you wont be able to run the DAFNE app if you have a Blackberry, however you can still visit the website on your phone. It will be displayed as the mobile version, probably with an option to view the real site too.........

theresaz
13 posts

Lovely. Thank you that's very useful.

Debbie.Hubbard DAFNE Graduate
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

If any of the code writers are listening, I'd really like a blackberry app too. Just signed up to Dafne Online today.

PNThompson DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Havering and Redbridge)
57 posts

I have been a little disappointed that nobody has developed a Blackberry version for the App and with my current Android contract running out this year I was hoping to go back to a Blackberry as I found Blackberry better for emails.

I have been checking the forum in a hope that somebody would have created an App for the Blackberry but nothing so far.

With changing the phone later this year I may just have to stop storing my readings on the phone and may just use the website to look at the forums, but I would prefer to be able to load the readings onto a phone.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry there will not be an app for the blackberry, its a niche market that gets smaller and smaller with each phone they release. Android based phones are 60% of the market, apple are 30-35% and then there are the rest. We really don't have the resources to develop an app for a platform that in all probability won't be there any more in a couple of years. If someone volunteers to produce one we would be happy to work with them, however unless that happens there will not be one produced. Sorry but we are just a bunch of graduates not a professional company with a lot of people to do the work.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

That said, if anybody does have Blackberry app building experience and wants to create an app, we'd be more than happy to have them onboard Smile

davidcragg DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
17 posts

Although I'm an Android user and not a Blackberry developer, I am aware that Android apps can be "repackaged" using the Blackberry developer tools available here: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/. Is that an option?

TimE DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

As a new DAFNE graduate and a Blackberry user, can I add my request for an app. I know that Android apps can be packaged for the BB - my HSBC app is a case in point.