bereavement

5 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

mike28 DAFNE Graduate
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
1 post

Hi
My wife recently passed away, agreat shock to us all.
My readings have been up the wall and I seem to have forgotten all the dafne principles.Has anyone else suffered with this problem and what is the best way to tackle it.
Thanks
Mike

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Mike,

please accept my deepest condolences at the sad time.....

As far as the blood sugars are concerned I don't have any personal experience recently, however I would imagine there wont be any noticeable patterns to them when you are grieving. I would just take each day as it comes and try not to worry too much about remembering the principles at the moment. Allow yourself to grieve and eventually things should settle down again....

When you feel you your ready to approach the blood sugar levels again, we are always here to help if needed.....

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Well said novorapidboi, deepest condolences...

Just take each day as it comes

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I lost a loved one last year so my heart goes out to you. Sad

It is possible that the stress of the situation (shock included) is upsetting your control because of the hormones involved with stress. With this, concentrate on looking after yourself for now. Don't rush yourself. Give yourself the time you need to grieve. Spend time with those you love and trust, talk to them if you feel ready to. Don't forget to be nice to yourself at this time too; that's easy to forget...

If you want to read the DAFNE principles again, the online DAFNE guidebook there to assist you.
The online DAFNE guidelines can be found here: http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/hbook_topics
Also, as Novorapidboi has said, we are here to help you here on the forum when you're ready.

Best wishes mike28. *hugs*

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Mike,

My deepest condolences, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

The previous posters have given some great advice above, so I won't repeat it. There's a great support network on these forums too, please use it!

Simon