Do you use the Diary Graphs?

8 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

If so, we've changed them recently from Flash to Javascript, which makes them viewable on a wider range of devices (purely selfishly, I'm an Apple fanboy and Flash doesn't work on iPhones/iPads).

Let us know if the new graphs work OK for you - and if there are other kinds you'd like.

Simon

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

the graphs seem to work good for me, I think I prefer these versions, might just be the novelty though, better compatibility with more devices is important though......

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Bit dull in terms of colour Simon...but perhaps I'm just an old metfartin! Sad

Regards
Garry

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Fair comment Garry, they are just the defaults - any preferences?

chrisinbrum DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
41 posts

I think the graphs are very good, and helpful. The only problem is that if I have any QA or BI without checking BG, the graphs just treat the absence of a BG reading as 0 and the graphs and averages are then confusing and inaccurate. Can the settings be changed so that any absent BG readings don't affect the data in this way?

(The reason i sometimes don't do a BG reading at food/injection times is if for example I did a BG half an hour earlier while driving, or if it's only a couple of hours since a previous QA so any BG wouldn't give a true result because there's still QA in my system etc.)

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Blood Glucose Target Charts are good and bright. Like the way the graph scrolls out when started Very Happy
Is it possible to use these colours throughout all of the graph types as the rest are indistinct and although I have no experience I could imagine them being difficult to see on a smart phone screen in bright light.
chrisinbrum - I just manipulate the data entry to get the info where I want and that keeps the graph right.

Regards
Garry

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Chris - just looking at this again; the graphs which calculate averages (mean/modal) don't take into account BG readings of 0 or empty ones, which graph is behaving in the way you describe?

Garry - thanks for the feedback, will change them.

Guy 3 posts

Hi
I have just spotted chrisinbrum's post about treating the absence of BG readings as zero values. I noticed the same issue when viewing my Blood Glucose Trend Chart. This does throw off the results.

Thanks

Guy