DAFNE Online App Missing From Android App Store

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Does anyone know if or when the Android version of the DAFNE Online App will return?
I still have it installed but it will no longer allow me to use the services this site provides through the app (such as diary uploading).
I'm guessing this has happened because of Google removing it from the app store since there's nothing here about it being removed intentionally... Confused

BryonyE DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Yes, I'm interested to know about this too - it's been showing as 'app failed' and my diary entries haven't synced here since yesterday afternoon. Is there a fix on the way please? I've only had to use the online function once to email my diabetes nurse but it was really helpful! At least it's still saving locally on my phone - for now...

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi,

Unfortunately the person who maintained the Android version of the app is no longer able to develop it so there won't be any new versions unless we get a willing volunteer to help out with that.

We made a change to the site yesterday which meant that the URLs to DAFNE Online were no longer valid in the Android app - I have just reversed these so you should now be able to upload from the DAFNE Android App.

Thanks,

Simon

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

What's the point of the Android store link on the homepage if the app isn't on the store anymore?

BryonyE DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Thanks for fixing this Simon - really appreciate it!

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

The point of it being on the front page was we do plan to re-do it and get it on there again. Unfortunately we do it in a spare time and although I have the source code for the original app it no longer works with Android which is part of the reason it disappeared from the App Store. Hopefully I will soon get time to learn how to update it to the new standard approach for android apps, I can then get it re-published. I will of course let everyone know once it is re-released.