Forum improvments

9 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Paul Ked DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
2 posts

Hi

I would like to say that the forum is great and has loads of excellent features but can i ask for one update (one for now);

Could you have a remember me bit at the log in so i do not need to keep logging in?

Thanks
Paul Keddie

vic demain DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
87 posts

Hi Paul, think there already is one as mine logs in itself.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

It depends on which web browser you use - Firefox and Google Chrome both have this feature, whereas Internet Explorer doesn't (I don't think). I'll have a look into what we can do to help though Paul.

Cheers

Labsteward 6 posts

Hi Simon great Site learned loads off of the forums .
Suggestion would it be possible to have the newest posts first or sort olddest to newest, I pop in regularly and it would be good if you could just see the newest post, I agree that it is nice when I first came in as a newbie to read all the way through the posts to find out all the info but for regulars it would be nice to get on straight to the latest post.
Thanks Apreciated the hard work by all the team

Thanks Andy

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Andy - you raise a good point there, it makes sense that you see the newest post when you look at a topic. We'll update the site and let you know when it's done.

Simon

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

hi, bit late on this one sorry, but as the 'cynic' that sits on Simons shoulder in the development team I have to say 'remember' me functions are a bad thing and I would recommend you never use them. I would not implement one on the site due to security considerations. I'm sure it sounds far fectched to those not directly involved with the IT industry and secuirty but ANY information disclosed by you is a weapon for the bad guys. If we remember your login and someone else gains access to your account they could obtain personnal details about you. Add these to stuff they find about you on other sites ( especially if you 'remember' your logins) and it could be enough to forge a credit card application or scam someone that they are you.
Most of us think that just happens to others and won't happen to me, it CAN happen to you and when it does its too late to get back all the information you have put on facebook/twitter etc. Sorry but account security ranks above convenience for me.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

As Simon says..........(thats sounds familiar)....

Most well known browsers offer this facility, however, as long as I am still in session the site remembers me even if I come away from the site and return later.........

Ladybob DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

Hi, I'm new to all this having just seen Anitab for a yearly catch up group session.

After she installed the virtues of Dafne Online I thought I'd start using it.

On thing I would like to suggest (if no-one has done so already)......

Can you consider a "Sick Day Rules" section?

Perhaps linking it to our personal BG info so that it can calculate the Total Daily Dose based on our last day's BG entries and then serve as a reminder as what to do next.

I'm a very sickly person at times! and when I'm not well I tend to get confused and forget whether or not I should count my BI as well as the QA insulins. Then theres the list of percentages to look down. Am I looking down the right one? Just how many times to I have to double and triple check I'm doing it right before I finally get some insulin in me?!

I think this would be a great thing for young elderly and middle-aged alike and to help boost our confidence to know we're doing it right at a time when we feel ill and vulnerable.

I just thought it could further help to take the guesswork out of things (or in my case, reduce my error rate!)

However.... if you already have this on your site.... do let me know where 'cos I can't find it.

Ladybob

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Information is available in your DAFNE Course Handbook. The link to an on line version is available on the right side of this web page.

Or use this link in your browser if you prefer: -

http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/hbook_topics/38

You could perhaps save it as a favourite.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Garry