Javascript must be enabled

15 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

I am unable to view my BG dairy graphs. This title is supposed to offer explanation. I have installed the latest update 7.21 or whatever it is......and have used the Java site to eliminate any earlier versions...switched off and rebooted...
Reminds me of one of the Engineers at work - who has now retired - every time he had trouble he would phone the computer department and spend goodness knows how much time on the blower - eventually to be told...try switching the computer off and on again.
He waited some three years...but yes his time had come...the heating in the Admin block had failed and the computer department phoned up to complain that they were freezing....and he was responsible for utility services...to be able say to them....have you tried switching it off and on again...it was one of his favourite stories as he had waited so long to get his own back!
So can anyone help? Simon?
Regards
Garry

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

I used to be able to print off the graphs - but now am unable to do so - anyway of getting this back as well please.

grumpydunn DAFNE Graduate
Salisbury DAFNE Centre
11 posts

I am the same, been trying for ages, I too would welcome any advice

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

I have the same trouble. I've tried both Firefox 20.01 and IE 9 and see the same message.

TeeDog DAFNE Graduate
Mt Gambier Diabetes Centre, South Australia
2 posts

I don't know this for certain but just make sure Flash is enabled also. I use an android tablet... Java is enabled but Flash is not. The latest versions of android no longer support flash which I believe may also be required for these graphs and charts. I don't have an iPad but from memory Apple does not support flash either. All works fine...but graphs cannot be viewed. Would be nice if this could be improved somehow, especially for the huge increase in people using tablets now to log and store this info. Sad

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

hi, I don't think its a flash issue, its more likely to do with version of java and the programs we use to draw the graphs. We ARE aware of the issue, however Simon is out of computer access at the moment and I am trying to get my test version of the site back upto date so I can properly investigate this. Since we do the site in our spare time and I have stuff I need to do today i'm afraid its unlikely to be fixed before then, sorry.
Try turning your computer on and off again. It won't fix the problem but it will give you something to do while you wait Very Happy

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

All, I think I have fixed it !! Let me know if the graphs are STILL not working for you. The graphs do NOT use flash, unless Simon tells me otherwise, they are ALL Java based. This is because Simon is an Apple-Fanboy and would never dirty his hands with something like flash Very Happy

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

marke said:
All, I think I have fixed it !! Let me know if the graphs are STILL not working for you. The graphs do NOT use flash, unless Simon tells me otherwise, they are ALL Java based. This is because Simon is an Apple-Fanboy and would never dirty his hands with something like flash Very Happy

Marke

For me I can see the graph on my lap top, but can't print out the graph, which I like to do for a) the whole time I have been using the diary, and b) month by month as it is far easier to see trends using the graphs - and when I am showing or explaining the my GP - a visual representation of all the data is far easier for them to take in.

I know you are busy and have done a fantastic job keeping the site going, but I would love this feature to make a come back at some point Very Happy

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry not sure I understand your question/request. You mean you want to be able to print just the graph and not the rest of the page that surrounds it ? Could you do this before ? I'm afraid that Simon usually takes care of this part of the site and I have never tried to print the graphs before....

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

All good for me now.

Thanks,
Warwick.