Dave H

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Davey54 DAFNE Graduate
Heart of Birmingham PCT
8 posts

:Is it just me or does anyone think that the font on this site be bolder. I don't have very good vision and I'm struggling to see what's in front of me. I've adjusted contrast, brightness etc on the monitor and got it to the best I can, but, it's still a struggle.

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Dave,

If you use a modern browser like Chrome you can zoom in and out of the page and the text scales, Ctrl + or Ctrl - or Ctrl and roll the mouse wheel. I have retinopathy and find this helps.

I created some nice screenshots for comparison to show you only to find you can't upload files on this forum Sad

There are also plugins for Chrome and Firefox for the visually impaired that dynamically alter the style sheet of the page to give different contrasts, White text on a black background etc...

Hope this helps.

Phil

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Dave,

I'd be interested to hear if Phils suggestions help you out. If you have an example of a site where the font does work for you then let us know here so we can do a comparison and see what needs to be done.

Simon

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

the ctrl and scroll is a good suggestion........... Wink

Davey54 DAFNE Graduate
Heart of Birmingham PCT
8 posts

Hi Phil
Just tried your idea of Ctrl+ or Ctrl- it works. Thanks buddy, thanks a lot. Believe it or not I'm not a big PC user and definately a novice Internet user. But, I'm learning and I never give up, so bear with me.

Dave

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Dave,

No worries, glad I could help.

Phil