e-mail reminders of DAFNE existence

6 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

MIke P DAFNE Graduate
Leicester
8 posts

I discovered today that it is 4 months since I last visited the DAFNE Online site. My mind and body have been elsewhere.

Some of the more commercially oriented organisations e-mail me weekly or thereabouts with a list of topics, giving me a reminder of the existence of their website. I choose whether to read or ignore their message, follow news thread links etc. Such an e-mail stream keeps the remote service in my consciousness.

If DAFNE Online did this, and sent an occasional reminder, would it be of value or would users view this as an irritation please?

What do you think?

If people do want such a service, what frequency should it be?

Dave Marshall DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
7 posts

Great idea

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Wouldn't hurt I suppose..............maybe with option of turning it on and off.......................

I visit pretty much daily, at least Monday to Friday anyway, so the option to turn it off would be good...............

I think monthly would be enough......... Smile

mum2westiesGill 502 posts

Would be a good idea then as Novorapidboi26 says also with the option to turn it on / off.

I'm on here most of the time anyway Laughing

Gill

meltow DAFNE Graduate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
78 posts

Take a look at the Users tab, and the number of subscribers with zero posts Sad
Many will have signed up after their course finished, and then had other priorities in life.
A reminder certainly wouldn't harm, and the more traffic the site generates, surely that must be a +ve for us all.
GFI

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Great idea Mike, I'll look into getting this started!