Online handbook

6 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi,

Firstly let me congratulate you on having produced a very good app. The more I work with it the better I like it. I did post a wish list on the DAFNE Mobile app. forum, but these are minor points.
The purpose of this post is to ask about the Online handbook which I have read about in several posts. I cannot see any way to access it from the Android app. and I am wondering if this is because I am a user, not yet a graduate. Is this the case?

Kind regards,

Roger

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, yes and no ! Yes you cannot access the online handbook because you are not a graduate. But no you could not access it from the 'apps' (iphone/android) anyway just from the site. This is for several reasons, first we are only permitted to give access to the handbook to graduates and so this is potentaily more difficult in an app, but more importantly it wouldn't fit on a mobile screen very well. There are large diagrams, charts etc in the handbook, that wouldn't really work. You can access the handbook, if you are a graduate, using a mobile device. There is a specific version of the website for mobiles but it is still harder to view than on a full size screen.

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Thank you for that information. I usually log onto the site using my tablet, which shows most PC sites (including this one) quite adequately. I could use my PC though, if necessary.

Kind regards,

Roger

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

I've just remembered your point about the difficulty of building access into an app (I couldn't see it whilst writing my earlier reply because your post is partially obscured by the reply box), so I will need to use my PC.

Kind regards,

Roger

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Roger - if you use your tablet's web browser to access the site you'll be able to see the handbook (once confirmed as a Graduate) - it's only when using the downloadable apps for the device that the handbook isn't there.

Thanks,

Simon

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Thanks again Simon. I look forward to seeing the handbook in January.

Kind regards,

Roger