McD's

11 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Stew B DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
125 posts

Took our youngest to our local McD's this evening, and she discovered that printed on the reverse of the paper thingy that they put on their trays when serving meals is a comprehensive nutrition listing for all their products - including carb info. I knew that they have this info on their website, but this is really useful..

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

It is..............so much so that I visit there regularly if i want a burger..........

Similar values could be trasfered to other outlets, large fries - 6 units - burger 1/4 pounder - 4 units.........

caroline15 DAFNE Graduate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
45 posts

My daughter has a peanut allergy as well as Type 1, it was also useful for allergy information when we used to go.

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
23 posts

Taught me something I didn't know there. Thanks

Stew B DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
125 posts

Not that I'm obsessed you understand... found ourselves at our local McD's again yesterday evening and chose the current special from the menu, only to discover that it hadn't made it onto the nutrition list. Undaunted Mrs B approached a staff member, and the duty manager went off to his office and came back with the carb value for me. Worth knowing..

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

your lucky, my local mcdonalds staff wouldnt know what i was talking about.......

Most buns are 3CP and the bigger ones are 4CP............

Ian_k DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust – North East Sector Hospitals
1 post

this is a handy guide

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

just a reminder that in the Carb Counter section of the website is a list of websites that have carb info, including the one above. You are of course welcome to post them here as well, just wanted to remind people....

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I used to keep the tray paper with that information on in my kit when I was visiting them a lot more than I do now! XD

Wish places that I eat at now would do this.. eg, Spud U Like. Blinkin' jackets! XD

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

The majority of carbs there is the actual potatoe,, should be the same every visit, thats how I know mcdonalds so well..........6 for large chips, 4 for the quarter pounder bun, 3 for any bun smaller than that.