Mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Dont you just love the unpredictability of diabetes....

Focusing on the post lunch readings at about 14:00.

I have the same thing for lunch everyday.......

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
23 posts

Interesting novorapidboi. The main worry in that small sample is the readings you are getting in mornings - very high. Going to bed with 3.5 and waking up with 17.3. This is very unusual. It is vaguely possible that you are going LOW overnight, and you liver is releasing sugar to cover for this low. Its such a huge rise that you are seeing. Pretty dangerous I have to say. Try setting an alarm overnight and testing at 3 or 4 in the morning might help you to decipher what is going on.

As for the inconsistency over lunch - it could be a variety of things affecting this. Alcohol - excersise for example. The huge rise in the morning and its subsequent recovery will affect things also.

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Those two days were identical in terms of food and activity before and during lunch....... its a pain.....

Usually I am about 12-15, but the last week and a half I have been rising with those high numbers, 17 yesterday, 13 today.....had some wine last nght though explaining the drop......

I have done 3 am bloods every now and again and they are fine, its seems to be the 4 and 5 am it will start to rise.........I agree it does seem excessive, and its a struggle to get going......

Might need a pump soon.......

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi novorapidboi, have you tried upping you ratio at lunchtime to 2:1? The rise from Lunch to the next reading seems to be pretty consistent in how much it goes up (for the last 2 days anyway)

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

It seems to be getting that way now...last week was not as consistent...........I will be trying the higher ratio today at lunchtime...........

I really wanted to reduce my TDD...........oh well.....needs must and all that...

Cheers Si.......