Adjusting Dosages

15 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

caroline, your works occupational therapist should have their license revoked and be told to stay the hell away from Diabetics. What training or understanding of diabetes do they have, it sounds like very little if they are giving bizzare and wrong advice like that !!
With regards to tips on how to manage your diabetes, I will let novarapidboi26 do the advising as I don't disagree with it and I should not be seen to give advice to non-DAFNE grads given the sites connection to the DAFNE programme. As I said before the best solution is to get on a DAFNE Course with educators that understand how to treat diabetes unlike occupational therapists. The danger with doing it solo is you don't have the support infrastructure if something goes wrong. On the course you have educators and a group of other diabetics you can ask, doing it solo you only have the web to ask. I'm sure people on this site will help as much as they can but its not the same as a room of people doing the same thing as you.

Caroline DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
29 posts

Thanks for all your advice... after some phone calls to the local hospital they have now put me on a Dafne course in September. In the meantime I will try my best to adjust my dosages where possible. Thanks again.

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Thats quick - I was over a year on a waiting list

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

You beauty......................

Enjoy it, it really open your eyes, as everyone on here will agree..........

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

I agree ;-) and it just goes to show if you ask sometimes you DO get ! I look forward to upgrading your account to 'graduate' status at the end of september :-)