Chinese Takeaway.

5 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

oldtulip DAFNE Graduate
Mt Gambier Diabetes Centre, South Australia
2 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Even though rice and sauces you get with Chinese food is high in cp's and you have qa's to match how come I always seem to to have hypo's afterwards?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Hi there........

Only a graduate but it seems to me that your ratios at lunch/snack time should be considered for change, maybe down to 1.5:1.

I think your not as resistant to insulin in the afternoon as you think you are..

But you mught also want to consider your activity in the afternoons......you could be quite busy and active after lunch moving around alot.

A few thing I noticed:

In the mornings you have not been correcting for 7 - 8 readings. Why is that?

Thursday at 15:16pm you had 8 CPs but only took 6units of QA (when your ratio is 2:1) plus 4 corrective units (which were not neccesary as you were on target).

I also think some of the times are wrong too....

This makes it difficult to see how long insulin is working for and when your eating, which is crucial information needed for dafne.

I say redo the diary entries and repost

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Hi

A couple of things

Can you update with the correct times - your snacks could be too soon to give a correction - both food and insulin may have not finished working.

Your correction doses look wrong - what are you working on 2-3 / QA - today you gave - 4 and Thurs with a BG of 6.5 you gave a +4 !

and this is for 8 CP at a ratio of 2:1 which should be 16 QA you gave 6+4

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

as for the chinese - if you always go hypo - there is probably not as much CP's as you think. Reduce your QA next time and keep testing and learning :-)

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Oldtulip, as the guys have already mentioned - your diary is a bit off as you seem to have the incorrect times. When inputting your diary entries the idea is to use the time that you took your BG/Insulin/CPs rather than the time you are recording the results. This will give you a better view of trends during the day, and possibly allow others to help you spot the trends too.

Simon