Calling all budding artists!

9 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

As Mark and I are IT people, we are pretty artistically challenged, so need your help to design a new logo for DAFNE Online. The logo should be in keeping with DAFNE themes, and will appear in the upcoming DAFNE Online iPhone app as well as the site.

If you do have an idea in mind then share it with us here, or email [email protected] - you help is much appreciated!

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi again, here's an idea we've had from Mossitizer - let us know your thoughts!

Anil DAFNE Graduate
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
39 posts

Well... I'm not an artist, but I do enjoy creating images for the Web. So here you go!...

Here are 8 Logo's I created, They have small variations between them, Let us know what you like (and Don't like) and I can edit them accordingly!

OR... post a rough idea of what you would like, and I'll do my best to create it!...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logo 1

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

Logo 5

Logo 6

Logo 7

Logo 8

Thanks!
Anil

Anil DAFNE Graduate
39 posts

Personally... I like logos 2, 6, & 8.

I wanted to include the message of "Freedom" to eat what you want, but didn't know exactly where to put it or how to fit it in. How about for Logo 4... "Freedom to Eat what you like"..?

Any idea's, comments or suggestion's will be appreciated!!

--EDIT--
Here's some ideas for a iPhone App Icon I whipped up, just a rough idea:

iPhone Logo's

(P.S: I'll work on the resolution quality, to make sure its optimized for the iPhone)

-- Another Edit --
Added a "Web 2.0 look" (Glossy)

Getting Tired! I'll call it a night for today.. Let us know your thoughts!

Things to do for tomorrow... (For my reference only)
- Include a Pattern within the logo to make it more friendly on the eye
- Perhaps include a pattern for iPhone? (Test)
- Include a pattern in the DAFNE text for the Logo.
- Change the Orange colour to a slightly darker colour to keep in line with DAFNE Online. (#ee8043) / Web Colour (#ff9933)
- Add "Online" to the logo to change to "DAFNE Online"
- Make a new favicon for the site.
- await for responses and suggestions!!

Thanks!
Anil! Very Happy

Anil DAFNE Graduate
39 posts

Here's an Update of the above logo's.
Few Minor changes between them, I'm running out of idea's of what to add or remove!! Any idea's will be appreciated!!

Redesign 1

Redesign 2

Redesign 3

Again, let us know what you think, Im all out of ideas!... I wanted to go for a "Web 2.0" Look. The water drop kind of resembles a blood glucose droplet (Kind of) and everything else is as is.

Thanks!
Anil

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

The last one is really good, dont know about the heart and the wee man,

Is there any medical backgound to that element.......

Anil DAFNE Graduate
39 posts

Hey
I just put the little man and the heart to kind of promote "Healthiness" if you will, The space above the DAFNE and to the Right of the Teardrop was a bit to empty I thought,
I could remove it, but it looked a little to empty, So just put it there to promote "Healthiness" and "Well Being". And to put another colour into it, as oppose to being ALL orange.
I'll work on it a bit more tomorrow if i get a chance, I'll see what else I can come up with.

Thanks!

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Anil,

Great work - these look really good, I especially like the last one you did (Redesign 3). Do you think there could be a smaller version (say half the height, same width) that we could use in the top navigation bar?

Cheers,

Simon

Anil DAFNE Graduate
39 posts

Hi Simon,

I can edit the size as you wish, but any ideas of the dimension you want it to be? (In pixels).
If you give us approx dimensions of how big you want it, I will scale them down accordingly.
also, I will have to check this, but i suspect the Logo will not contrast well with the navigation bar at the top, is the navigation bar background a repeated image? Looking at the source code I cant tell, but maybe I could create a repeat image to place in the background of the navigation bar to contrast better with the Logo.

I'll also include a Favi-icon (For bookmarking) and anything else you need, just let us know.
A little busy at the moment, but i'll work on this ASAP, hopefully within the next few days.

Thanks