DAFNE app for android

11 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Levitt01 DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
1 post

Hi,

I'm newly graduated and was looking at downloading the app but I can't find it in the app store. Has anyone else had the same problem? My friend found the app for the iPhone but had the same issue as me with the android version.

Thanks in advance,

Levitt Very Happy

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Dont think there is an android version, or not anymore at least.....I remember having it though....

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi, unfortunately there isn't currently one available on the Google Play store - the previous version was developed by a volunteer (as it the rest of the site by MarkE and myself) who wasn't able to maintain it anymore. Mark is looking at developing a new version but he needs to teach himself Android development, as well as manage the site and his day job. I have experience with IOS and that's why that app is regularly updated. If anyone wants to help us out with Android app development we would be grateful for the support!

jh0 DAFNE Graduate
Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust
16 posts

What are the functionalities of these Apps? What do these Apps actually do?
It's manages your diary and lists the CP quantities for portions of foods? What else?

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

That's about it - also provides some data and analysis of your blood glucose levels (charts, averages etc). Any other feature requests are welcome!

Willjparker94 DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Good afternoon,
for android, if you type into google 'DAFNE App APK' you'll be able to download an older version and use it you just won't receive any updates for the app. I'm using it currently and it's perfect.

Smile Will

richarde500 DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

Whilst I was doing the second year of my Foundation Degree in Applied Business Computing [2017/2018] and my BSc (Hons) Business Computing top up degree (2018/19), I learnt about Android Development by using Android Studio. I developed 2 applications for Android throughout these two years from scrach. One of the applications which I developed was started on Level 5 (Foundation Degree - Second Year) and was continued to be developed during Level 6 (BSc (Hons) Business Computing). This application was a kind of Blood Glucose and Insulin Intake diary app. The other app which I developed was for a brass band (which was part of my Computing Project, which was the equivalent of the dissertation). I graduated with a 1st overall and I am now looking for employment.

If you would like some help with development of a new Android version of the DAFNE app, I am willing to help and give it a go. My strengths are front end development - back end development (like integrating databases into a website/application using SQL etc) and I haven't a clue.

If you also want to have a look at the applications which I developed, please dont hesitate to get it touch

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hey richarde500 - we would love some help as the development with the Android app has stalled. We all do this in our spare time so we mainly focus on the iOS app and the website itself. Should I drop you an email to get things going?

richarde500 DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

Yeah, thats no problem. Im gathering you can get my email from my profile?

Amr Gawish DAFNE Graduate
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Hi @Simon,
I'm currently in the process of creating a revamped version of the Android App, would you mind me asking a few questions about the underlying APIs used?