My Diary For First Week Of Dafne

7 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Ryan Breakwell DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
3 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Here Is My Diary From My Week Doing Dafne For The First Time. I Hope To See Major Improvements Before My Follow Up In Six Weeks Time Smile

MARIER DAFNE Graduate
NHS Dumfries and Galloway
42 posts

Hi Ryan Hows your sugars doing now
Marie

Ryan Breakwell DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
3 posts

They Are Still Quite High I Have Raised My Ratio But It Still Isnt Seeing Alot Of Difference :/

MARIER DAFNE Graduate
42 posts

Hi Ryan i am not so good with Ratio part it confused me and couldnt quite follow it Are you doing 10 grams of charbohydrate to 1 unit of of QA I myself am a bit of the scale too and just been to Diabetic clinic to get back on track can i ask Thur 22/4 12.45 BG 14.5 CPS 14.5 SO QA 15 THAT COVERS WHAT CARBS YOU HAD so why have +4 corrective when potentually 4 units would drop bloods by 10/12 so sugars should of been 2.0 ??? Il help if i can
Marie also wed 21/04 12.30 pm BG 17.9 SO YOU NEED 4QA CORRECTIVE but you didnt do it ?? then 2 hrs ltr 14.30 bg 16.9 and you had +3 corrective can you explain to me why
Cheers

MARIER DAFNE Graduate
42 posts

If you want you can scan me your diary to [email protected]

MARIER DAFNE Graduate
42 posts

what BG insulin are you on

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

A couple of things here - I sometimes find that if your BG is above 11, then the insulin seems to bring them down by less than the expected 2-3mmol/l per unit of QA insulin, so a bigger correction may be needed.

Also - if you want to share your entire online diary with each other, you can click a user's name and select the 'Share my DAFNE Diary' link on their page.

Thanks,

Simon