Insulin Pumps

32 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

geordiesgirl DAFNE Graduate
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
16 posts

Hi, i'm new to this site and was wondering how many others have insulin pumps Question

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I do, its amazing, still requires a strict regime of testing, carb counting and so on, but it makes life a lot easier.......

are you thinking about applying....

16 posts

Hi, i have had a pump for 6 years now and i am so glad i made the change. Just did the DAFNE for pump users last week and found it very useful. Apart from the other people on the course i do not know anyone else on a pump so sometimes feel i have no one to share experiences with or anyone to ask advice from A couple of friends with diabetes are on injections and don't carb count. At the moment i am trying to get all my blood sugars in target and finding weighing my food a bit of an inconvenience lol

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

I'm on the omnipod pump Very Happy love the pump!

16 posts

Hi , i'm using the Accu-chek Spirit Combo. How long have you been on the omnipod pump ?

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
137 posts

Hi geordiesgirl, been on omnipod for almost 14 months

16 posts

Hi Vickyp, nice to meet someone from Durham as Consett is my hometown. Were you given a choice of which insulin pump to go on or was it the decision of the Diabetes nurse ? Last week was the first time i heard about the omnipod.

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
137 posts

On my sadness course they showed us different pumps. I decided I didn't like the tubes but knew a pump would help my sensitivity issues so when I discussed with consultant and he recommended Medtronic, I said no would only consider omnipod and gave him my reasons for it..he agreed and was no the pod within 6 weeks of that appointment (were waiting on funding)

HelenP DAFNE Graduate
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Brisbane, QLD
218 posts

Hi all,

I'm on an Animas with the option to go to CGM feature. Not made the leap get as the additional gadget is expensive and I think they need a bit more time to iron out the glitches. I do not love my pump as many do as it is less than PERFECT! Still have occasional issues with the champagne bubbles and timing of set changes etc when timed for the middle of the night or during social events. I am on huge doses of insulin and a cartridge last about 38-9 hours so the changes advance through the day. I want smaller batteries and bigger cartridges.

Helen

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
137 posts

Just noticed autocorrect put sadness not DAFNE!