What do you carry your diabetes stuff in?

11 posts, 10 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Lizzie DAFNE Graduate
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
87 posts

I am looking for a new bag/case to carry my diabetes stuff in. I have looked online and have seen specific diabetic ones like desang, Joe's Small-In-One, etc, but they all look, well, a bit boring really. I have tried cosmetic bags - I am using one right now, but it is a little too small to fit my DAFNE diary in, and others I have seen are too large to go in my handbag. I also tried a pencil case but it was flimsy and broke quite easily. What do other people use?

DavidJ DAFNE Graduate
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
23 posts

Hi Lizzie
I carry my BG meter, my diary, a spare tub of test strips and my pen in a plastic lunch box. It's boring, but practical.
Best wishes Dave.

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

I use a DIA-PAK Deluxe - comes with a ice pack also

Iain H DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
3 posts

Hi lizzie
I use An Umbro pencil case it is the pefect size ,zipped pocket
On side for both insulin pens & plenty of room on the main
Zipped compartment for one touch meter in its owncase & dafne
Diaries etc , available in a few colours

Iain

Snjstar DAFNE Graduate
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
2 posts

I put everything seperatly in my handbag. My BG meter strips and pricker are in the case that came with my meter.

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I keep everything inside a large bathroom/make-up bag.
All my needles are in a pencil case... Have a two pen holder thing for my insulin pens and everything else just goes in as they are.

ekuser
NHS Lanarkshire
3 posts

I purchased a medium sized tool box and use that at home to store all my diabetes equipment in and keep it at the bottom of my wardrobe. I keep my bg monitor and pens etc in the cases they came in inside my bag.

ekuser
NHS Lanarkshire
3 posts

When I went on holiday to Florida last year I purchased a FRIO Insulin Travel Wallet which cost approx £13 it kept my insulin cool in the heat. Worth every penny.

Mazbrown 3 posts

The wife's bag if I'm in the good books. Otherwise, as already mentioned, I use an old pencil case.

PNThompson DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Havering and Redbridge)
57 posts

I keep the pen, with several needles in the case it comes with, my BG machine in its own case and general carry it all in a rucksack or type of briefcase (for work).
The only other things I carry is the DAFNE Carb book, Jelly babies and glucose tabs all in what bag i'm using.
Paul