A Very Merry Christmas to all

3 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick message to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for the year ahead. It's a difficult time of year for us diabetics, what with the constant temptation of food around every corner (I am most looking forward to a large Christmas dinner with plenty of meat, stuffing and potatoes - maybe some veg as well, with a healthy dose of Christmas Pudding after of course). Thankfully DAFNE gives us the flexibility to eat a bit more and still maintain good blood glucose control via adjusting our insulin dosage. Remember also to take care of yourself if you are ill - at this time of year it seems everyone falls victim to at least the festive sniffles (I can feel them coming on now). If you need to remind yourself of the DAFNE step-wise dose adjustment, or sick day rules you can do so by using the online handbook (see DAFNE Tools to the right once logged in).

Now... as well as Christmas we're also reaching another milestone - DAFNE Online will be a year old on the 29th December! That's right, we launched the site nearly a whole year ago, and it had come on leaps and bounds since we did so. Some statistics for you:

Since we launched the site...
Over 2,120 users have signed up.
These users have created 153 discussion topics
With 951 posts
151 private messages have been sent
And the big one... over 40,000 (yes - forty thousand) blood glucose diary entries have been saved.

These statistics are fantastic - it really shows that we have built up a community around DAFNE. This is in no small part thanks to you - our users. Without you we wouldn't have a site, so give yourselves a pat on the back, you deserve it.

So as we look towards 2010 and DAFNE Online's second year, we will be constantly updating and improving the site, with things that make managing your diabetes easier. If there are features or improvements you'd like to see on the site - please do let us know. You can do so on the Site Development Forum, or by clicking the Contact DAFNE Online link at the bottom of every page.

Again - on behalf of Mark and myself - a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. We'll see you in 2010.

Simon

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Thanks Simon (and Mark)

Season's Greetings to you and thanks for the good work you've done on the DAFNE website - I find it a great help.

Keep up the good work,

Alan

Sam DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
64 posts

I second that!! Have a good one everyone!!

Sam x