Insulin and accessories holdalls

5 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jack Butel DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

Hi, Im looking for a decent holdall for my insulin etc I use Novorapid and Levemir, my meter is a Contour USB. can anyone recommend a suitable holdall that will take what I've mentioned as well as testing strips, needles lancing device etc.

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

Hello Jack
you might get more responses to this topic if you posted it in the General Discussion forum.

Just a thought
Alan

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

Thanks Alan I tried but for some reason could not get into the General Discussion forum. ill try again cheers.

Ivorthediver DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
5 posts

I certainly can Jack .
Bought mine on Amazon and it has a central pocket with a Glycol type cool bag that keeps the two pencils nice and cool along with a central zip pocket with needle bags inside and 4/5 external zipped pockets
Look for" Elite bags " and you should find it alright , cost about £20 ish but well worth the money and the knowledge that EVERYTHING you need can be put in their and the insulins stay cool and it doesn't need freezing to maintain its temp even on warm days
I bought some iron on first aid / insulin badges to deter would be muggers from thinking its a general purpose type bum bag accessory and has a shoulder strap if you need it . Laughing

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
6 posts

Ivor thanks for the info on the bag got the one you described and it's brill, cheers.