Help with BG levels

2 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

VickiA DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
16 posts

Hi, I've just recently finished the DAFNE course, before the course I was having constant severe hypos with very little awareness. Since finishing the course the hypos have become a lot less frequent but every morning my BG levels are through the roof! When going to bed my sugars are at a normal level, I check them at 3 in the morning and they're still normal but by 8:30 they're sitting between 16-20. I take 7 units of BI at night between 10-10:30 then the same again in the morning about 8:30. I've tried 8 units and have hypos through the night, I've tried correcting in the morning and have hypos in the afternoon. I've checked my BG levels at 6:30 in the morning on a couple of occasions and they've still been at a normal level so it seems to be between 6:30-8:30 that they rise. Any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated as my partner and myself are desperate to start trying for a baby. Thank you. Vicki Smile

glen4 DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
46 posts

Have you tried leaving a 12 hour gap between injecting each dose of your BI? Maybe try that for a few days!? If there is no change, I would either increase/decrease either 1 of your BI dosages! It's hard to tell without a diary of readings to look at!