Bug with iPhone app (& site diary)

10 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

RobT DAFNE Graduate
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
7 posts

Just to say, first, love what you are doing. Great stuff!
Second :-
Trying to add two contemporaneous entries in the diary on the app (and also on the site, btw) as I want to separate CORRECTION entries from BOLUS(Food/CP) entries. E.G. at 17h30 I had dinner which has 8u for 8 CP but also I am adding +4 for CORR. It is useful to have two entries at the same time and date but marked differently as you do not offer a type that shows "FOOD+CORR". The same will be true for me at 07h30 when I have breakfast and my BI ... I have tried moving the time by 1 minute intervals and it accepts it when I am 15 mins ... this, of course, does not reflect reality! It is a workaround but not really satisfactory. Sad
Thirdly :-
I am on the last day (tomorrow) of my DAFNE course. Shocked I am a professional analyst/programmer with nearly thirty years experience, only 15 years diabetic! My skills encompass, but not limited to, LAMP, MAMP, WIMP, Python, Perl, C (all variants), Java, Pascal, Unix/Linux command line, SQL command line, etc...
If you want advice and help just contact me Wink

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Dont you just entry as per the written diary ie 8+4 ?

RobT DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

What you say works, but in the app it takes account of corrective entries and gives you stats on them. If you do not use CORR as the entry type, by doing what you say, then that part of the stats are not correct or indeed available. The only time corrective entries are supposed to be given is at mealtimes (or bed time) and the entries are allocated for meals because they have CPs associated with them! This is a bug, until it is documented, whereupon it will become a feature. Eventually it may be fixed ... Laughing

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

RobT, not sure what you're getting at here - the app lets you enter mealtime correctives in the format x+y, or even x-y if that's what you do. It then syncs them up to the site - what is the particular bug?

If I remember correctly on the DAFNE course they teach us to enter correctives with the mealtime dose in the above format, which has always been the guiding principle of how the app/site work.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

P.S. Hope you are enjoying the course! Smile

Karl DAFNE Graduate
83 posts

I think its that it doesn't total up in the correction etc - if you do 8-1, the correction total is 0 and the tdd is 8 should they not be 1 and 7 ?

RobT DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

OK, I have worked out that you can enter units of insulin of the form a+/-b. The system correctly identifies corrective entries in this case. However, the assumption must be that a is the usual amount of insulin and b is the corrective value. Which I can cope with.
BUT
As the system only allows entry of a single site for injection I cannot record separate locations for BI and QA. Additionally I would like to say that you have successfully identified that humans have left and right legs but no left and right buttocks, it appears!
My original, and actually more important bug report, is that I cannot make contemporaneous entries...
I don't wish to come across as complaining, but as I write software for part of my living (i.e. Professionally) I do feel reasonably qualified to suggest improvements. I fully appreciate the time and effort that has gone into creating the website, the apps and the synchronisation of the data between the two is just the right thing to do. I have an iPad and an iPhone which appear to work seamlessly with it all. Congratulations, well done, I dearly hope that you are not hosting under IIS and that you are using open source database ( e.g. MySQL) and other open source platforms ... ? Wink
Finally,
Is there a user manual for the app?

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Karl - you raise an interesting point. The app doesn't take away negative corrections from the TDD at the moment (something for us to fix), however it should show the total number of negative corrections given - does this work for you?

RobT - Yes we are using an open source stack. The app and diary have been based on the DAFNE Paper Diary, where (at least when I took the course) you entered the QA and BI dose under the same entry. Indeed, the Injection Site logging has only been implemented as a user request on this site. Would it be acceptable to add Injection Site (QA) and Injection Site (BI) as options in the app/site? We want to stay as faithful to the DAFNE way of doing things as possible.Finally, re the Injection Sites - we got the list of sites by canvsssing users for what they wanted in the list.

Simon

Karl DAFNE Graduate
83 posts

Hi Simon

yes it does show in the correction - my mistake.

RobT DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

Hi Simon,
Would be happy with site for BI and site for QA. That would suit well. Have got used to the app on the iPhone and the iPad - they work together. It is a shame that I have to use a laptop or a desktop to view the graphs - flash is not available on the iPad and iPhone ...
I for one would like a left and right buttock option!
Thanks for all the work you are doing.
Rob.