How to download data from iphone app

15 posts, 7 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Dr.Jamie DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
2 posts

Hi All,

I am a new DAFNE Graduate and have been using the iphone app to record by Testing results.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download these results into my online diary?
I hope there is a method because it will be a fools errand to transfer them one at a time.

Kind regards
Dr. Jamie Downing

ReNZoR 5 posts

Hey Smile

Open the app, tap Settings in bottom right corner, and turn on "Diary Upload". That should do it Smile

I run the app on my iPod Touch, so I have to wait until I am back home within the range of my Wireless router before anything gets uploaded, but if you have roaming internet - I assume that should upload from wherever you are.

Stu

DianeH DAFNE Graduate
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
7 posts

Hi

I have just acquired an iPod touch. I have the carbs and cals app but where can I get the diary one? I have been logging some of my results but have poor wi-fi access near my work locations and cannot get onto the site without internet. Does the app help?

Dr.Jamie DAFNE Graduate
2 posts

Hi Guys
Thanks for your help I have now managed to get my results to the online records. It was really easy when I was shown how. Thanks

Dianne
To answer your question the dafne app allows you to record your results without being online I am terrible at recording results in a paper diary but I always have my mobile with me so it's simple.
If you need any help just ask as I am pretty confident on how to use the app now

DianeH DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

Thanks Dr.Jamie. I'll have a go!

DianeH DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

Hi again. I have recorded today's results in real time and it's a great improvement. When I came home I set the app to "Diary Sync" but it hasn't done anything, even when docked with the computer. Do I have to tell the main programme that I want to upload and if so, where? I don't try on the iPod cos he print is tiny but I think the site contents is the same as on the computer.

Thanks for any help. I am new to this gadget (iPod touch)

DianeH DAFNE Graduate
7 posts

Think I have cracked it. I logged into the Dafne online site on the iPod and it just uploaded. Then all I had to do was sort out the post midnight date. I have set the iPod to see my bedtime as after midnight so it stays on the right page but the main site still stops each day at midnight. Any way of changing that?

Best wishes to all
Diane

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

DianeH - not yet - planning to do this soon on the site, will let you know when I get it done!

Thanks for getting the app, please feel free to leave feedback on the app store if you like it.

Simon

chrisinbrum DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
41 posts

ReNZoR said:
Hey Smile

Open the app, tap Settings in bottom right corner, and turn on "Diary Upload". That should do it Smile

I run the app on my iPod Touch, so I have to wait until I am back home within the range of my Wireless router before anything gets uploaded, but if you have roaming internet - I assume that should upload from wherever you are.

Stu

I've tried this and although there's no problem downloading from the online diary to the iphone app, none of the app diary is uploading to the online diary! The settings in the app have been changed but this hasn't worked...is there something else really obvious that I'm doing wrong??

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi chris,

In the settings page have you got Diary Upload turned to ON?

Simon