Android App - Correction for high BG

6 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jas DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
1 post

Hi Guys,

I just switched phones from an iPhone to an Android phone and in general terms the functionality of the app on the iphone and android is the same (although it did take a few days to figure out the differences, it took me 3 days to figure out how to edit an entry Laughing )

One thing that i still have not been able to figure out hence my post is an auto correction of QA when my BG is high, on the iphone app this was automatically calculated, but this does not seem the case for the android app?

Is that intentional or am i missing something in the settings to enable this?

Also does anyone know if all the functionality in the two apps is essentially the same or are there some differences?

thanks

Jas

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, there ARE differences but I'm not 100% sure what they are. Basically the iPhone app is still being developed and updated by Simon. However Keith no longer has time to develop/update the Android App so its falling behind the iPhone version. The auto-correction has only ever been implemented on the iPhone as far as I know ( I use an iPhone not an Android). Until we can find someone else to develop the Android App nothing much will change unfortunately. Both were developed by individuals in their own time and are not professionally funded.

Peter DUAG Committee Member
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
109 posts

Mark is right, there is no auto-correction in the Android version. Perhaps we could persuade Simon to move to a better phone and start developing for Android Very Happy

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

You also cannot add your own entries to the CP listing apparently.

Android user here too.

Edit: Does the fact ketones don't display correctly too also an Android only thing? I keep having to add the ketones to the notes because showing "true" in the ketones bit is pretty poor.

JennyNZ 29 posts

Really disappointed. Have only just bought a Samsung and downloaded the dafne app. What else can't the android do? Not being able to add carbs doesn't particularly bother me.

Alan M. 3 posts

I always add my correction manually e.g. 6 units with an additional correction of 2 units as 6+2
I have just switched to Android from IOS and the app does seem more clunky and basic. The first think I have noticed is that - and + symbols aren't on the default keypad view so you have to press the Sym button first to get them.
I hate to speak negatively of the Dafne apps as they are nothing but a great thing guys