Android App time picker

3 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

David Rimmer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts

Hi, I'm new to dafne and an in the middle of doing the dafne course although I've had T1 for 42 years.
Firstly, I'd like to thank the contributors for putting in the time and effort to produce these apps and maintain the BG diary, fantastic job.
I do how ever find 1 thing in the android app that annoys me each time I use it, the time picker control !
The 24 hour format is a pain to use and it can take up 12 touches just to enter the time.
Is there any chance of getting it updated to something a bit more user friendly?

Something like the alarm time picker in kitkat would be great, 3-4 touches to enter the time.
I've also seen this datetime picker used in a few apps. https://github.com/flavienlaurent/datetimepicker

Thanks

Peter DUAG Committee Member
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
109 posts

Can't say I've had too much of a problem with the time picker as it defaults to current time for me, and so it is only on rare occasions that I've needed to use the picker. Whilst it is a little cumbersome to use in those circumstances, I wouldn't see it as a priority item for change.
NB. I'm using a Samsung SIII running Android 4.3.

David Rimmer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts

Thanks Peter,
I'm with you, I also don't find things difficult to use if I don't use them. Razz
I tend to use the app differently to you, I generally put in all my entries once a day and use it for review and to look for trends.
This is not a big issue, I just thought I'd put it up there in case someone is thinking of updating the look and feel of the app.