How to upload diary from app to website

14 posts, 10 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

AnnaConstant... DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University NHS FT (St Margaret’s Hospital)
5 posts

i have the dafne app but cannot figure out how to upload my diary entries. i have diary upload switched to on but how do you actually upload the entries?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, You don't is the short answer Very Happy If you have diary upload turned on all you need to do is add a new entry whilst you have data coverage ( this means you can browse to a web site on your phone, where the app is installed) and the app will automatically upload any entries that are not already on the site. Why doesn't it do this automatically anyway ? Well the problem is, it would need to keep checking all the time if it could connect to the site in the background, this would flatten the battery quicker and unnecessarily use up your data allowance. By only doing it when you have added an entry it knows there is at least one entry to upload and so it is worthwhile connecting to the site to do this. Whilst adding the new entry it checks if any others need to be uploaded and uploads them.
If it still doesn't work when you add a new entry then you don't have data coverage or your user account details are wrong but this should cause an error message to appear.

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Marke,

I taket it that your explanation refers to the ipad/iphone app. I run the Android app on two devices and neither automatically upload when I make an entry. I have to press the upload button.

Kind regards,

Roger

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Marke,

Ignore that last comment, it was rubbish!

I was thinking at the time of the lack of synchronisation in that, when I enter details on one device they are not automatically downloaded to the other. It is the download button that I have to press.

Kind regards,

Roger

AnnaConstant... DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University NHS FT (St Margaret’s Hospital)
5 posts

thank you both for your replies. unfortunately it doesn't upload when entering a new entry.

Marke - is the android app different to the iphone app as i don't actually have a download button on the iphone app.

unfortunately i think i may just have to manually enter onto the website Sad

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Anna,

Have you been to the settings page of the app, and set diary upload to 'on'?

Also which iPhone are you using?

Simon

JennyNZ 29 posts

Simon hi. I have an I pod and your app works great basically a digital diary until I'm connected and then i'm online. In the past all I have needed to do was press "download entries from site" and it works. (it has never been automatic) worked fine before but now wont download at all. any suggestions?

JennyNZ 29 posts

strangely enough it sorted itself out after numerous attempts. pressed 'download entries' and it did!

BMuffs DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
6 posts

Hi,

I have just downloaded the Dafne app onto my smartphone. Can someone please tell me how to delete an entry as there doesn't appear to be a 'delete entry' option? Also, how do I upload my entries onto my online diary.? I have clicked for automatic upload in my settings but it still isn't uploading.

john day DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
54 posts

I am running the app on a Nexus 7 and, as new to Android, still getting to grips with how to drive the thing generally !

In particular , as per BMuffs query, I have not been able to work out how to delete or amend an erroneous dafne entry . I have one saved currently and it indicates error upon upload attempt and appears to prevent other, later entries being uploaded also.

Hopefully there is a simple solution!