iPhone App - Comments & Custom Carb Items

6 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

From time to time lateley the app refuses to save any comments I try to add. Not always but often enough to be a pain in the neck when reviewing or printing my diary & noticing that some comments I thought I had entered aren't there.

Today I managed to capture an entry that would not save the comments no matter what I did..
http:\\members.iinet.net.au\~richfreed\xml\ZGOPR3058.mpg

Also I have never had any luck figuring out how to easily add a custom Carb Item to my list. Basically I have to add it, then edit it at least 3 times before any of the data including it's title is actually saved properly. Is there some trick or is just bugged.

I am using an iPhone 3gs iOS6 these days

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Rich,

Will take a look at this for you - tried to run the video on my Mac but all I see is a green screen, will try on my Windows machine.

You should be able to add a custom carb item by pressing the + button on the Carbs list; and then after pressing done in the top right hand corner it should appear in the list when you tap 'Show Mine' I just did it on mine for both the AU and UK carbs lists and seems to work OK. Do you not see this?

Cheers,

Simon

RichFreed DAFNE Graduate
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland
51 posts

Indeed I do, however, after the + anything I enter into the new item does not save when I press Done.
AND If I choose a category during the inital edit everything previously entered is completely wiped in front of me.

The only way I've ever been able to made anything 'stick' is, IIRC, to press + then immediately save it with no edits, then close the app and re-open it, then edit the new item title only, save exit to the top level of the carb list, then go back to edit the item.

Out of curiosity is it normal for the default new carb item to be set with a)Carbs per Portion = 'NO' b) CP='0-1'
http:\\members.iinet.net.au\~richfreed\xml\\IMG_0100.PNG

I'll take a video if it all tonight for you.

Ariane DAFNE Graduate
Queen Mary Hospital, Sidcup
14 posts

Hi there,
Am also wondering how to add my own calculations or indeed some from the online site to my android app as the food lists do not match?
I can't see the add my own button anywhere except the 'add entry' button which of course takes me to a diary entry rather than enabling me to add my own foods. Sad

Can you help?

Thanks!

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
68 posts

Yes, I also have problems entering my own carb items. It seems to lose all data once you enter a category, or just put it in the list as "carb item" rather than whatever you've called it. This is a bit of a pain as you have to keep repeating yourself. I find it works best if you do it backwards, starting at the bottom - "category" and add the name of the item last. It definitely needs tweaking! Rolling Eyes

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
68 posts

RichFreed said:
From time to time lateley the app refuses to save any comments I try to add. Not always but often enough to be a pain in the neck when reviewing or printing my diary & noticing that some comments I thought I had entered aren't there.

Today I managed to capture an entry that would not save the comments no matter what I did..
http:\\members.iinet.net.au\~richfreed\xml\ZGOPR3058.mpg

Also I have never had any luck figuring out how to easily add a custom Carb Item to my list. Basically I have to add it, then edit it at least 3 times before any of the data including it's title is actually saved properly. Is there some trick or is just bugged.

I am using an iPhone 3gs iOS6 these days

I use an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2 and have also noticed some comments disappearing. Annoying when you want to check when you did or didn't do something.