Andriod App - Diary Upload

5 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

mum2westiesGill 502 posts

I know that in the settings on the app you can have it set to "automatically upload diary enteries" so the enteries on the app automatically go onto the diary on the internet but is there any sort of function which i don't know about so that internet enteries can autamatically go onto the app?

Thanks

Gill

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

PDF format may of use to you in this situation! Smile I've just tried it my android and it works lovely!

On the Diary page on the main DAFNEOnline website (normal view rather than mobile site), near the top of the screen it says:

Printable view of currently displayed results | Export as: XML | CSV for Excel | PDF

If you click on the PDF option (viewable in the Android apps Adobe Reader and/or Kindle if you have them), see if that'll download to your phone and see if it views okay.

It's not exactly on the DAFNE app (though they may try to add this now thanks to your feedback), but it's an option for you in the meantime so you can keep it all on your phone and view through those other two suggested apps.
Best wishes!

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

This seems strange, in the iPhone app I'm sure it downloads from the web because you can say hold a given number of days say 14, then make it 30 and it downloads the rest.

If the Android app doesn't have it and the iPhone does I'm sure its in the pipeline. I know they are different dev streams and done in spare time though so be patient. Very Happy

Phil

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi,

The Android app does download your diary entries from the website. If you tap on 'entries' then tap on your menu button you will get a dialogue box/strip giving these headings: Download, Upload, Food Groups, Alphabetic, Favourites, More. Tapping on 'Download' gives you options for the period of time that you want to download.

Roger

mum2westiesGill 502 posts

Hi Roger,

Thank you very much indeed for this. However when doing this the whole app just crashes. I've sent a pm to Simon to ask if this can be fixed.

Gill