Application Differences

7 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Hello!

Quick question - what are the main differences between the DAFNEOnline apps on different platforms?

I've noticed that some members say they can add food entries to their app but I can seem to be able to do it on the Android app... unless I'm being daft and not seeing it or I'm misunderstanding them? XD Either way, would be good to know - summed up in one place.

Many thanks in advance! Smile Oh, and keep up the great work! The DAFNEOnline app is so helpful!

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi JWo. The android app is developed by Keith, and I look after the iPhone app. In the iPhone you can add your own carbs and also auto-calc corrections, and this isn't in the android version yet as Keith usually takes guidance from what I'm putting into the iPhone app.

Also, we do this in or spare time so we can't always devote as much attention to the apps and site as we'd like! Rest assured an updated android version will be out soon Smile

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I see! Okay, that's fair enough. Thanks for letting me know. Smile I shall look forward to the eventual update!

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi there,

I am confused! Perhaps I'm missing something here. I have been using the Android app on both a Dell Streak and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for some time now and I can add (enter?) carbs and the app calculates QA.

Kind regards,

Roger

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

I've just seen where I was confused about auto-calc. You were talking about corrections. That would be very useful!
I still don't get what you mean about adding carbs though. But then, it is 2.46 a.m. !

Roger

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Roger,

By adding carbs we been entering your own entries into the CP list, in case there is anything which you regularly have but which isn't in the DAFNE CP book.

fortbill1 1 post

This questions probably been answered many times, but what is the correct method for inputting corrections? I am running the app on the androidp platform and when i show a +2 value in the QA field the "corrective counts" section of the summary section shows +1-0 which doesn't tell me anything useful. I must be doing something wrong! Can anyone help? Thanks!