BG Average Algorithm

5 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

I assume this is a question for Simon, but posting for others to see / answer / chip in.

I have noticed that the BG average on the website is giving a 7 day average of 9.4 ( I know this is not good Sad ), but the iPhone app is giving 9.7. Are the maths not the same on the iPhone or is this due to the iPhone also giving break/lunch/dinner/bed averages too, rounding error from using the 4 averages to work out the total average?

The 4 separate break/lunch/dinner/bed averages might be nice on the website for none iPhone users, it helps show when in the day I'm having issues, suppose on the the graphs show this though.

Its not an issue, just wondered? As a developer I tend to spot these things, it makes me feel better when there are wrinkles in other sites too Very Happy

Phil

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

I added this to the online mobile forum as it is related to the iPhone app, but maybe this should have gone in the Site forum?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

My averages are considerably different also, I thought maybe it was because the app was working out an average based on the results currently stored on the phone, however I have the last 10 days stored, but the 7 day average is about 0.3 mmol/l out..........

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I just told the app to display the last 30 days then downloaded, my 7 day average is now the same as site, but the rest are still out slightly......

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi both,

This is fine in this forum Smile

I thought the algorithms were the same but will check it out and let you know. Thanks for calling it out.

Cheers