Feedback from Android beta testing

83 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Headspace DAFNE Graduate
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
9 posts

Sorry about,the plethora of posts. Not sure what happened there.

Brian

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
19 posts

Headspace said:
Keith, is there a function to do a manual upload?

This already exists. If you go into Entries (from the main screen), then bring up the menu (I use the menu button on my phone) you have the option to download, upload and short links to other main screen icons.
Hope this helps.

Regards, John

Headspace DAFNE Graduate
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
9 posts

Didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out John.

Brian

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

John Syer said:
Hi Keith,

I've tried to upgrade my installation using the URL you provided in the original (revised URL) email and this is still the 1.0.r251 BETA version. How can I obtain the 1.2.r261 BETA version?

Regards, John

John,

I've just done the download again on my phone and got the "1.2.r261 BETA". But when I download on my Mac using Chrome I have to first use "Clear Browsing Data..." because otherwise I get an old cached version. Perhaps you are hitting a similar problem on your phone?

Installing the new version on top of the old version should preserve all data and settings.

Note that I've asked for "1.3.r265 BETA" to be posted but that might not happen for 24 hours. This should fix your bug #1 by only averaging BG entries that are not null and not empty strings.

Keith

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

The "1.3.r265 BETA" is now available for download. (The delay in posting was my fault.) It has these fixes in it:

6. Icons on the main screen no longer dimmed.
7. Values with a single decimal point are supported in the CP, QA and BI fields now as well as the BG field.
8. Previously entered comments are offered in an auto-complete list on the comment field after one character is entered.
9. The options menu has been re-arranged to make it a bit easier to jump into carb lists when editing a diary entry.
10. The BG average calculation has been corrected to ignore diary entries that have no BG value set.

and of course the earlier "1.1.r255 BETA" fixes are also there:

1. If in "Auto-Calculate QA" mode, update the QA value if either the CP value or the QA:CP value changes.
2. If the Type field is changed, always update the QA:CP field to the value stored in Targets.
3. Distinguish visually between a manually entered QA or QA:CP value and an automatically populated one (using italics for the latter) to provide a visual hint on what is going on.
4. Fix the bug identified earlier where a CP of 6+2 is only counted as 6 in the "Auto-Calculate QA" mode rather than as 8.
5. Fix the bug where when editing an existing entry the QA:CP ratio was always being set to the default (from the Targets) not the previously saved value.

You can upgrade preserving your existing data and settings by just installing again.

I'll be looking to create a release version at the end of this week.

Keith

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
19 posts

KeithCl said:
The "1.3.r265 BETA" is now available for download.

Hi Keith,

The version available on the site seems to be 1.0.r251 again.
I made sure that I cleared caches and even tried used a different machine to download it. Of course I'm willing to conceed that I've done something stupid.

Regards, John

Geofftrez DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
22 posts

I've got the new version from the download. Guess you did something silly John. Laughing

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

John Syer said:

John,

I've just downloaded and installed again too and got the 1.3.r265. Just to be clear here this is a 2 step process: 1) use the browser on your phone to download the file; 2) click on the downloaded file to then be taken through the install or replace process.

But what problem you are hitting I'm not sure. To work around it I'll email you the file directly. Give me 15 mins.

Keith

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
19 posts

KeithCl said:
But what problem you are hitting I'm not sure.

I worked out what the problem was, I was downloading via my WiFi connection at work, and the work proxy server had cached the original version I downloaded.
Once I tried again from home it worked a treat. Thwarted by technology once again ;-)

Regards, John

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

PS I notice that the iPhone app defaults the automatic "Diary Upload" to off and I had it defaulting to on. I'll change the default to off for the Android app too.