High Sugars in the morning / Pins and Needles in foot.

1 post, 1 contributor

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

CoreyLewisA DAFNE Graduate
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MRI and NMG)
1 post

Hi, I am looking for any advice to be honest as I am starting to get really down and depressed about this whole situation.

I have been type 1 diabetic for 4 and a half years and I completed the DAFNE course 4 weeks ago. Previous to the course I was on 24 Lantus before bed and was recommended by my nurse to be put on Levimer. Since being put on Levimer I started on 12 at night, 12 in morning, however this dosage has increased significantly from 12 at night to 24 at night and 18 in the morning, this being because every morning I wake up with minimum of 16-20mmol blood sugars EVERY SINGLE MORNING.

Which is frustrating as I consider to almost master carb counting as after spending almost half of my day trying to correct these high sugars I am keeping on top and keeping them in the DAFNE range.

However, For the past 9-10 days everyday I have had pins and needles in my foot and leg and sharp pain in my foot and top of my leg when I walk. My Diabetic nurse who is now on holiday told me to ring the diabetes centre to sort out a pump if needed, I have been ringing and trying for the past 4 days and asking to speak to a pump nurse and nobody is calling me back, after hounding and pestering them 3-4 times a day.

It has also got to point where I rang 111 3 days ago and when I visited somebody in A&E they told me to carry on taking paracetomol, which does nothing, I felt like she was just trying to get rid of me.

I visited my doctors yesterday who also told me to carry on taking paracetomol.

I am really struggling and getting really depressed from this.

Please does anybody have any suggestions or advice.

Thanks